1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Cherry Shrimps Breeder

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, any Cherry Shrimp Breeder expert out there to share their experience how to breed Cherry Shrimps & give more info about this shrimps. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 7/7/2003 2:27:38 PM

Hi, any Cherry Shrimp Breeder expert out there to share their experience how to breed Cherry Shrimps & give more info about this shrimps. Thanks.
    ----------------
    cherry shrimps... thats not very difficult.
    just put a couple of it in a small tank.. and wait a few got eggs and in a few weeks. you be grandfather.. ha ha.... ITS THAT SIMPLE
    comparing it with yamato and malayan, it is so much hardy.

cheers hopes it helps
    GodLike InsiDe, IdioT OuTsiDe

what does the eggs look like anyway??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    they carry the eggs between their legs []

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    wat do u guys feed ur cherry shrimps w?
    nv seen mine eat before leh.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i have a shrimp tank with cherry shrimps, bee shrimps, tiger/zebra shrimp. feed them with adult brine shrimps, frozen brine shrimps or blood worms. fish flakes, catfish pellets. one of my cherry shrimps got eggs after 3 weeks and the eggs are yellow. the carry the eggs for 3 weeks but can't see a single baby. one week later, saw the shrimp with eggs again, 4 days ago. bought some cherry shrimp on sat and found one with egg though the shrimp is quite small. my tiger or sometimes called zebra shrimp, got eggs, but only a few, brown in colour, not many of it. not sure if they're eggs. so far that's my experience... anything more, i'm not too sure. i'm trying to breed them. they really need clean fresh water.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi cherry shrimps owners!

Need your help with the shrimps!

Today, I bought some cherry from Bioplast n the funny thing was, some of them lose their redness after being in my tank!!!

I took a total of an hr plus to put in the shrimps, startin with the unopened packet in the water, then open up, remove some of the water, add in 1/3 tank water into the bag and leave it to acclimatize, then add in more tank water, wait again before releasing them from the bag close to my hairgrass. SOME of them started workin but their color juz seem to fade away after a couple of hours.

Anyone can advise me on what to do, the cause of such fading? Thanks!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Dont worry man, the 1st time I bought the cherry shrimps also got this problem. Let it settle for few days & u will see them recover back to Cherry colour BTW 3 of my cherry shrimps have eggs for 2weeks plus.....so when will they hatch......& I notice some of the eggs become lesser & lesser, what happen man?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Arghhh......

Saw the remains of a "chopped off head" which looks suspiciously like a cherry! Sigh... there goes my $1.50!

Ok, shall see if the colors returned after a couple of days. The "discoloured" ones seem to have fade even more, now to "pig liver" color or brownish.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It's been a while but the cherry shrimps dun recover their colors. Worse still! It's fading! However, they look healthly and were seen working on the plants happily!

Anyone out there know what's goin on??? Thanks!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    WatsUp, don worry. the eggs will hatch in 3 weeks. mine had eggs again after first batch (within a week). seen the babies, though not many yet. you will be able to see the babies in 2 weeks. but they are real small. about 5mm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    [:] YES!!!YES!!! I saw 5 mini babies sticking on the fish tank glass eating alga, is abt 5mm small......so happy[] . I think water condition is also veri important, I change the water 5days once. I also add so big ice cube to cool down the temperature to 26dec to let them breed more easily. Thanks for those reply. Cheers!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys,

When yo saw then at 5mm. They're about 2 weeks old. When hatch, they're about 2mm in size. I've a 1.5ft breeding tank in the office and the population has grown from 20 when initially started to about 100 now. Cherry shrimps when hatch looks like the parent but lack of the redness. As for malayan shrimp, when hatched they're in their larvae stage (does not look like a shrimp at all)floating in the water. If ther is fish in the tank, the larvae would be eaten by the fish and that's why people has the misconception that malayan shrimp is difficult to breed as compare to cherry shrimps.

As for the yamatos, they have a similar stage as the malayan shrimps. But the larvae have to be keep in salt water. This is why you won't see baby yamato shrimps in your tank.
    Au SL