Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Bumblebee Goby

Feedback Score

Bumblebee Goby

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone of you have the Bumblebee Goby in your tanks. Find them very cute but based on info from the net, they eat mainly life food and prefer brackish water. Not very ideal for my planted tank. Anyone with experience? Are they suitable for a community tank with cardinals and rummy noses?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I used to keep them and they even breeded in my tank. But back then, I added salt everytime I change the water. But you can't add salt to a planted tank. Another thing is they are meat eaters. So you have to add live food for them and this may pose potential nitrate problems to your planted tank. Another consideration, they will "ambush" shrimps from behind and "kaput" them.

But the good news is they can be kept with tetras BUT they are slow eaters compared to tetras. So may be quite hard to ensure they have their share of food. Lastly, they are territorial against their own kind but that should not pose a problem if your tank has "crevices" and space for them to own!

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    I got myself one on impulse and added it to my 4 ft planted. So far he seems ok and 6 mths have passed. I feed frozen BW thrice weeksly so I think he has enough to eat. Other than that he's been a great character
    "In war, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are not winners, but all are losers."
    Neville Chamberlain 1869 - 1940