Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Anyone else using Tapatalk with AQ facing problems?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Anyone else using Tapatalk with AQ facing problems?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Forum Admins,

Would like to feedback that the Shop listing functions no longer seem to work.
    Understand that they used to be fixed queries that ran when you clicked the link (eg shop listing in alphabetical order is a preset form query) These queries don't seem to work anymore.

Other than that, I bought the tapatalk application for the iphonie just before you guys took it down for the facelift. Didn't even get a chance to use it. LOL.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Shop lists function no longer working.

Tapatalk has been back online since the forum returned.

As for shop listing, the old plug ins that implemented the alphabetic listing does not work with the new forum software. But we now have CMS and the list will be moved into the CMS once we have that set up properly.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry Viz, but I don't think tapatalk is working yet. I've used the inbuilt search to find Aquatic Quiotent but everytime I try to connect to the forum, the app gives me a 'The forum you are visiting is temporarily closed. Please try again later" Error. Even as I type this on the forum, it's still giving me that error.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hmm... strange.

I tested it after the upgrade.

I just tried searching for it with 'aquatic' and 'aquaticquotient'. Both found the site. When I tap on the site to go in, I got in with no problems.

I even logged out and I can still search, find and enter the site via tapatalk.

I checked our account on Tapatalk and status is "published".

What word did you search?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The problem isn't finding the forum on tapatalk. I can find it. It's just that I keep getting that 'temporaryily unavailable' error when I tap on the forum listing to try and enter the forum.

Could this be a conflict of versions? I just checked the tapatalk forum and it seems a lot of their issues are due to either the forum or the app-user running an outdated version.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Anyone else using Tapatalk with AQ facing problems?

I upgraded the Tapatalk software for the current forum version before it was opened to public and till now, I have no problems accessing the forum although I did not change my Tapatalk app on my Android.

You should not have to upgrade the Tapatalk app on your phone whenever a forum upgrades. It's meant to access many forums of different brands and versions.

It makes sense that the forum administrator has to upgrade the Tapatalk software on the server to the correct version. This I have done with the newest version available on the day of the AQ was upgraded. And I can access AQ with no problems.

You on the other hand, just paid for the app, so it should be updated too.

Just to be sure, I went in today and found and installed the newest version which was released yesterday. I accessed it with my phone and no problems faced. Can you try again? Thanks.

I've changed the title of this thread to see if there are more people having problems with Tapatalk.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Please provide the following information if you are facing errors using Tapatalk with AQ.

- What phone model are you using? (E.g. iPhone, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S, Blackberry, etc)
    - What phone OS are you using? (E.g. iOS3, Android 2.1, etc)
    - What error message do you get (the exact message best)? Or if there is no error message, describe the error in some detail.
    - Are you facing the same problem trying to access other forums?

I cannot help if you tell me "I cannot access AQ through tapatalk". Tell me specifically what you are facing like "when I try to open a thread, Tapatalk shows the loading message, but after 5 minutes it is still loading". Tell me anything you may tried to resolve the problem, like "I quit Tapatalk and tried again 3 times, but it just won't load the thread." More details is better, like "only the thread titled 'xxx' has a problem. No problems with other threads."

Note: This thread is solely for dealing with issues while trying to access AQ with Tapatalk. If you have the same issues while trying to access every forum with Tapatalk, then you should seek help at the Tapatalk site.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi viz. I honestly dont know why this would make a difference but i can access the forum on tapatalk now through a public wireless connection. when trying to access other random forums using tapatalk i could do so even without a wireless connection using basic 3g. Will update again when i reach home to try my home wireless. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hmmm... I vaguely remember seeing an issue lodged at Tapatalk where the user could not access his forum when connecting through certain connections. I'll see if I can find it again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hey Viz,

Ok I'm home and the tapatalk is still working. Guess whatever it was that needed fixing is fixed. I still get hte temporary timeout error when the forum takes too long to respond. The app seems to just 'give up' and tell me it's down. I'll continue to try and use it every now and then and update you if I find anything else wrong. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi admin,

I just installed the tapatalk to my iphone, and i have a strange problem with AQ forum. When I tried to connect it via my house wireless network, I would not be able to get access via tp. Below is the image of my phone error.

First error on the latest topic screen,

If I click on the forum tap, I would receive this

It's work fine when I am connected to 3G network, but sometime, I will also receive the "forum closed" error (2nd picture), but it could be resolved by refreshing the topic again.

I wonder if it caused by IP blacklist?

Thanks/RC