Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder blue tang has ich

Feedback Score
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys, I stay in Choa Chu Kang, but work in West Coast (Pandan area). So I'm at Hong Leong at least once a week. Sometimes even twice or three times a week, usually during lunch time.Let me know when you guys want to go down. It's easy for me. There's a good nasi padang stall at Hong Leong as well so we can chow down too.

Some good and sad news.
    Good news is that it seems the ich outbreak on the tank seems over. Didn't see any more white spots appearing. The tang still doesn't take brine or mysis shrimp, but I put in a clump of fern calupera for it and it seems to have helped itself to that (stomach quite rounded).

Sad news is my lyretail hogfish jumped out of my tank. Didn't see it going around circles per its usual routine this morning and when I still didn't see it in the afternoon, I thought something was amiss. True enough, the bugger's body was all dried up behind the tank

Kel: my tank's been around for 8 months liao. Started in June last year but nutrients level still seem very high. Maybe my DSB is not working too well (No. 1 sand too coarse?) as I can only see the bubbles from denitration in the gravel on the front side of the tank. The deep part in the back where it goes up to 5 inches deep has no bubbles under it at all.

Wonderful! Have Hong Leong Kakis liao... =)

Ermz... darn... I feel so guilty now... I wanted to warn you before hand that Lyretail hogs are Gan Chiong spiders... they swim erratically and usually rather vertically... and are always harrassed cos of their tail...

Kel> Purple tang ahz... okae lor... I transferred hi to my sump liao =) I'm waiting for the bugger to recover fully, then intro him together with my yellow tang, also in sump but different compartment. From now on, I'll intro all fishies into sump to monitor just like MASTER Spiff...

Ehz i thought you have purple tang... you want to watch killer movie ah... 2 purple tangs in a tank...

Cal> When you next going? *beam* Me want fishies!

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what is wrong with your purple tang, ice?
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Ich and velvet lor... =(

But the bugger still eating so okae lahz...

Feedback Score
    Ice: Will probably go tom'row lunchtime. Got a Seachem nitrate test kit from Pat that doesn't work (reagent all dried up). Give me a ring at 9688 0195 if you're going.

Hrm... what a coincidence I need a Seachem Nitrate test too... Hahaz~

No... Definitely cant go down... I'm an NSF =(

97307409... Must inform me if got Zaistuff okae??? Hahaz... then I AWOL to buy... Hahahaz~

But actually... CNY period I dont think there'll be a lot of lifestock... =P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hey.. where is this hong leong place.. u sure that it is open?..
    ice.. i heard that u had nice stuff in your tank.. also never tell me.. how much u paid for it?? u know what i mean..something that i wun like to have in my tank..
    sms me tomolo at 96520875
    try the garlic method.. it works..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Kel> No lahz... me only going down like on Sat or Sun... Cos tomolo Valentine's day... then Friday I got overnight duty lor...

Hehehez Dare not tell you... =P What to do... captivated by the beauty of the somethings lor...

Anyways also added an elephant ear coral... =P Very big and in the middle of my tank... damn waste space... Hahaz... but i like...

Yes I'll try the garlic method, cos aniwae purple tang is eating.

Anyone here knows how the garlic works? Is it cos it's spicy and causes the fish to ermz... salivate through it's skin? =P I mean like Humans will perspire and salivate when eating spicy stuff... so maby fish also...

I'm just crapping... dont bother about me =P

Btw...

GUYS I'M LOOKING for the following fish real badly: Flamehawk, Lyretail Hog, Red Sea 4 line Wrasse, Yellow Headed Jawfish, Forktail Blenny

So if any if you see these fish anywhere... do tell me... I'll AWOL to get it... and just help me reserve it pls... I'll like Kowtow to you for your help... =P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ice, u lucky fella, got date on valentine day.. sigh.. me have to hit the books.. []

just tell me what u got lor.. u know me.. i dun advocate it but i dun stop ppl from keeping them.. which one u bought?

hey.. i seen a purplish elephant ear.. at the importer place.. but it is extremely big.. at least have abt 1ft across..but u have to be careful.. coz it is predatory...

honestly, i wouldn't be able to tell coz me aint the fish.. but it adds flavour to the fish food.. hehehe[] and it cause the white spot to fall off..

flamehawk is very nice.. but watch your shrimps... i learn it the hard way.. btw, what is your nitrate level.. still want to add so much fishes.. ???

i keep a look out for u when i visit the place ok? if i see it.. u want me to get it for u?[]

Who says I have a date on valentines day... cant be camp mates gathering mehz? Aiyah okae okae have lahz... you dun have meh~ Then who the girl I saw with you at Heeren that day HAR? *rolls eyes* Haha~

I bought bubble (cats eye) and frog spawn, both of which are still doing very nicely =)

PURPLE ELEPHANT EAR!? Must have been DAMN ex... cos my normal one already set me back at 40 bucks! But they are pretty nice additions to the reef tank lor =) Looks real nice in mine =)

What's this importer place? Which farm?

Flamehawk eat shrimp I know... Hogfish also... I still thinking if I should keep Hog and Hawk or Shrimps... my shrimps very nice lehz... that day my cleaner moulted AGAIN... and left this complete exoskeleton with feelers! Hahaz~ very cute... wanted to keep but it crumbled at my touch =(

Actually I've seen pple keep flamehawk with shrimps... but the flame only about 2.5cm? See what I can find 1st

NITRATE LEVEL! I WANTED TO BUY THE SEACHEM KIT! THEN I WENT ALL THE WAY DOWN AFTER WORK! AND IT WAS SO CLOSED SO CLOSED... I will be getting a test kit very soon to check: and I hope it will be a PLEASANT surprise... HAHA... scarly 150ppm...

Aiyoh... you think I can find all those fishies I want all at one go mehz... Hahahz... All VERY rare one lehz~ Hahaz... If you do see... yahz... pls do help me buy... I'll pay you back one... Dont worry~ Kekeke... =)

Aniwae my Gf leaving the country to study this Sunday, so I should have more $$ for myself from then on... wonder if I should be =) or =( *sigh*

What place you talking about? So secretive one har? Got a lot of Zai~ stuff zit... You raid the place b4 telling us where right Hahaz~ Jokin jokin... you very generous one I know... =)

Thnx in advance =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

kel....mine idea dude
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12