Feedback Score
    Images

parosphromenus

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi all,

just want to ask, did anybody has manage to breed this fish/??? any body has the latest pic of them? just want to know are r your paros doing ... =p i find it quite hard to breed them =p

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Parosphromenus spp.....my favorite.Got 2 groups (8+13) of P anjungensis. One group was caught in Kelantan, the other from Rantau Abang, Terengganu (caught them myself).The first group had few episodes of velvet but now OK. No luck in spawning, probably because of the water parameters. I tried to bring down the pH (now at 6) but it rebound back (lot of buffer in water supply). Feeding is always a problem. They have been with me for almost 6 months, yet would only take live food. They love BBS and daphnia (hard to find here - Terengganu)with occasional mosquito larvae. Love to hear the spawning success.

Feedback Score
    Images
    hi bro!!

u mean u caught the fish ur self????how?? and where? where are you came from ?malaysia ???? feeding ???? i dun hav any problem with feeding them ... i feed them with frozen blood worm or frozen daphnia ... but for the blood worm i've got to chop them until very fine before i actually feed them ... live food ??? baby shrimp ?
    BTW how are they doing ???? is it possible if i bought from u if i wanted to ???? =p hehehehe just asking incase

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Yup, got them on my own. That is because here in Terengganu you won't find such fish. All Flowerhorns and the usual fishes. So, to be different, we caught own fishes. See how lucky you guys over there.

So far these are the "captures":
    R heteromorpha
    R agilis
    R bankanensis
    R einthovenii
    unknown spp ( the one in the forum which need ID)
    (the total of above = 30+)
    R maculata X 8(is it Boraras maculatus?)
    some tiny loaches and gobies (dunno what spp.)
    Betta imbellis (12)
    and my treasure..Betta pi (so said hwchoy)X 2

We also collect plants (some Crypts and sort)
    No need to buy, come over and collect them. I'm the one who should be buying. Love to get hold of other spp. of Parosphromenus. Is it possible to get fish from SG?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/15/2003 10:58:14 PM

The fish..No need to buy, come over and collect them.
    ----------------
    make statement like this! you must be running a guest house in Kuala Trengganu

btw you referring to that Rasbora I posted needing ID? that is the Rasbora gracilis.

And here you can read all about the Betta pi (all images linked from IBC-SMP):

not for no reason it is called B. pi

female and male
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica