Country
    Singapore

Converting Planted to Marine

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear guys,
    i know this may be asked long long time ago, but i am just curious is it plausible to use my current standard 3 ft tank which is of 6mm thickness into marine tank?

reason i am asking is because a lot of advocate for thicker glass, but i was just wondering is my current tank can take more than 50 kg of gravel, why not 40 kg of live rock?

appreciate if any can ans, thanks in advance
    -Paw here-

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear guys,
    i know this may be asked long long time ago, but i am just curious is it plausible to use my current standard 3 ft tank which is of 6mm thickness into marine tank?

reason i am asking is because a lot of advocate for thicker glass, but i was just wondering is my current tank can take more than 50 kg of gravel, why not 40 kg of live rock?

appreciate if any can ans, thanks in advance
    ----------------
    40 kg of live rocks is not alot if u wan to really do up a reef tank. likewise, dun forget that some corals come with liverocks and this will add weight to your base. similarly, salt water is slightly heavier than FW when comparing Litre for Litre, thus, u are taking a big risk by doing so. i would rather get a tank with thicker glass than to find out that the tank gave way...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.