Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

White spots treatment

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Woah , one of my luohan fish got infested by white spots. His whole face like covered with white dots....

I tried to Oceanfree's white spot special (cheap only 70 cents) and 0.1% salt, and to my surprise, almost all the white spot disappeared in two days. By the third day, all white dots are gone! Will continue treatment for another 4 days to ensure all white spots parasites are killed

I had tried 0.1% salt and Oceanfree T2 anti-external parasite for my whitespot infested planted tank, takes a long time....Got results, but by the fifth day, still got some white spots even though greatly reduced. Switched to Oceanfree's white spot special instead now, and all white spots are gone . Take care though, you need to reduce the dosage for smaller fishes like neon tetras, about half dosage.

Recommendation: Use Oceanfree's white spot special , no point going for the T2 series....

Cons: Treatment turns water blue but clears up in 3 days time, faster if using Easylife ffm.

Feedback Score
    sometimes i wonder if these medications would kill the Bacteria in the filter system , all these "Anti fungal or Bacteria" , "Copper Safe" , "white spot treatment" , "Black water" etc etc...

sometimes pple do mention about placing em in a Hospital tank , but ocassionally i do presume its just dumped right into the Tank . [:0]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I would rather do it in the main tank which is infected with external parasites..... the parasite's children are alive there and when they multiply, there would be thousands!!! It will just reinfect the fishes over and over again, need to stop them at the source.
    Whitespots have life-cycle about 3-4 days so prolong treated x2 to about 6 to 8 days My outbreak is controlled now, no more whitespots for entire tank.

Hospital tank is used for quarantine purposes(before new fishes are added to tank) or those fishes with specific internal illness like dropsy....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    one of my harlequin has white spot, maybe i should buy the same medication as you and dose
    i always fighting algae but still got more

Feedback Score
    shd try forummer's method of using garlic juice... very effective.

The white spots on my cardinal tetras disappeared within 2days

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How many garlics did you use and what is you tank capacity?

Feedback Score
    Not very sure about how many garlic, but should be 2-3pieces (cos my mum cut it for me). Just cut into smaller pieces and squeeze the juice into the tank.

Btw, I'm using a 2feet tank (~57L)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ah yes...garlic is one gd way.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    never know that garlic juice can cure white spot! or else when my betta got white spot can just ask my ma for some garlic

i mix the juice with flakes and feed them. sometimes i just drop in chopped garlic.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    So we feed the fish with garlic juice to cure the white spot problem?

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/19/2003 8:33:22 PM

So we feed the fish with garlic juice to cure the white spot problem?
    ----------------
    from what i read , its to introduce garlic or its juice into the tank , or also into the food

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    when treating whitespots, it is good to keep the treatment going for 2-3 weeks.

salt is good for whitespots, too.
    use 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons.
    thomas liew