Country
    Singapore

Volunteers at Nursing Home

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Nursing Home in the east looking for 2 types of volunteer:

1) Sponsers for Fish Tanks/Equipment/Accessories/Plants/Fishes - About 10 tanks (2.5ft to 3ft)

2) Volunteers to maintain the tanks on fortnightly or monthly basis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Volunteers at Nursing Home

hi,

where is it located...

i dont mind helping to maintain the tanks..my contact no. 98243202

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi TS

Can u be more specific on the mantainance of the tank?? I will help if possible..

Cheers
    Koolman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Biofeedback,

Do you mind sharing with us more in detail as to what kind of volunteer work are they looking at and who is the point of contact?

When you say nursing home, do you mean that the occupants of the home can't take part in the process of fish rearing at all?

The reason why I am asking is because if there can be interaction between occupants and the tanks and potentially the volunteers, I may be able to ask for the schools to participate as CIP.

Let me know.

Thanks.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Its the Peacehaven Nursing Home, located over at Upper Changi Road North.

Reason for the tanks, other than to beautify the place, we also believe that it might have some therapeutic effect for them.

Maintainence of the tanks would include water change, cleaning, and trimming (if its planted). Then of course the setting up is necessary.

They have several wards but are not air-conditioned. So not sure if heavily planted will be a good idea. Introduction of chiller would mean that they have to up electrical bills. However, they are open to any suggestion at this point of time.

Right now they will need to secure all equipments first and I think once all of that is ready, the Volunteer Coordinator will be contacting us.

Thank you all for your responses!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Biofeedback View Post
    Its the Peacehaven Nursing Home, located over at Upper Changi Road North.

Reason for the tanks, other than to beautify the place, we also believe that it might have some therapeutic effect for them.

Maintainence of the tanks would include water change, cleaning, and trimming (if its planted). Then of course the setting up is necessary.

They have several wards but are not air-conditioned. So not sure if heavily planted will be a good idea. Introduction of chiller would mean that they have to up electrical bills. However, they are open to any suggestion at this point of time.

Right now they will need to secure all equipments first and I think once all of that is ready, the Volunteer Coordinator will be contacting us.

Thank you all for your responses!

you may want to buzz me at 98390171?
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I would like to volunteer my services, do let me know how I can help in setting up and maintaining the tanks
    “Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”
    "If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."
    - Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!
    DeZ aka Desmond

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi!! I have manage to solicit sponsorship for 1 unit of 4 feet and 1 unit of atman cf1200. BUT i need movers and stand.

Both units are used though

Anyone want to follow up or assist?

Buzz me at [email protected]

Blessings!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Tanks collected so far:

2 units of 4 feet with substrate, driftwood, plants, filter and stand by AQ member Frank
    1 unit of 4 by 15" by 15" by Montfort Sec with one unit of Atman Cf1200 filter

Also, the home supervisor only requested for 2 units to be set up.

Cheers!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi

I can check for any spare pump or additional items if needed. Will help in any way I could.

Thanks
    Koolman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Kool man, On behalf of the home. I offered their appreciation. Kindly bring down the stuffs if it is not too much of a trouble for you to the home direct and pass them to Spencer or Benny.

Other equipment gathered as of today:
    one unit of used Ehiem 1248 (courtesy of Billy aka Goondoo)
    used Gex roughly 100 kilo (my own)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, Can call me to help too....

8418 9909 (Keith)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

To all Bros,

I am humbled and want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your contributions whether in time or equipments, and especially for Altum_Lover76 for the coordination!

I am very sure that your tanks will have a therapeutic effect and would be an asthetic addition to the residents' living areas.

God bless all of you!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Biofeedback,

No worries about all the work involved in getting the stuffs there. Next week there will be one more unit for collection from Montfort as today the vehicle was filled to the brim by Frank's love gift.

I believe most if not all of us here in AQ would want to help promote this God Given hobby in any ways possible so that many more may enjoy the healing power of a planted aquaria.

Meanwhile, give me some time to arrange with Desmond to pop by and set up the tanks.

Blessings!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, we'll definitely go down and help setup for the residents, give me some time to sort out some family issue as my dad just got stroke so I've to put him as my top priority
    “Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”
    "If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."
    - Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!
    DeZ aka Desmond

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by dkk08 View Post
    Yes, we'll definitely go down and help setup for the residents, give me some time to sort out some family issue as my dad just got stroke so I've to put him as my top priority

roger that my dear brother.

meanwhile i will bring my eaglets down and do what is necessary first

meantime, can i ask if there is any kind soul here who is willing to donate or sponsor plants/fishes?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    Hi Biofeedback,

No worries about all the work involved in getting the stuffs there. Next week there will be one more unit for collection from Montfort as today the vehicle was filled to the brim by Frank's love gift.

I believe most if not all of us here in AQ would want to help promote this God Given hobby in any ways possible so that many more may enjoy the healing power of a planted aquaria.

Meanwhile, give me some time to arrange with Desmond to pop by and set up the tanks.

Blessings!!
    That's great.

I'm planning to sponsor and set up a tank with my friend too. But I realize that the cost can be quite steep. So do let me know if you happen to have any extra equipments and stuff.

With great thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I went down today with my daughter and we manage to set up one of the 4 feet. It is a vivarium set up featuring local floras. Will post the work in progress photos later. For the other tank, we need stuffs like coral chips and dead corals cos one of the staff there has already bought lake Malawi cichilds...

I also saw the tank set up by bro Biofeedback in the dementia ward. Nice!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

Cool, do please update us with photos when all are done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Finished both the two tanks with the corporate sponsor... Did not get to touch it due to 2 weeks quarantine as my children were down with HFMD...

Will post the pictures once I have them ready.

Stay tuned.

Once again to those whom have donated your equipments, thank you very much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast