1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Corydoras Keepers

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Among all my cories, there are 2 which develop pimple-like growth on their cheek and body. They are still as active and eating well. What could the growth be? Any medication to cure it?
    Wayne.

Keeping : 2 tier 2ft tanks
    Livestocks : Apistogramma Bitaeniata Mamuri, Apistogramma Mendezi, Apistogramma Baenschi Inka 50, Apistogramma Elizabethae, Apistogramma Diplotaenia

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by johannes View Post
    you can visit C328, Hong Yang, JZX, NKS and Aquahobby (check out commercial section for details of address and contact).
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by andee619 View Post
    Hi. May I ask for suggestion on which are the best places to buy cory in terms of quality and price. I've never had luck with panda. So far killed more than 10 in my tank : ( Currently I have sterbai, dwarf, albino, julli, and another panda (hopefully would make it for another week. Thanks in advance guys.
    As long as I know from my own personal experience panda is not easy to keep, die easily as it need to be well-fed accordingly to some aquarium shop owners.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

i am having 4 pandas in my tank hopefully they'll not die >.<
    Romans 6:12-13. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Good luck to you. Mine died off very fast compared to the rest.
    Last edited by johannes; 13th May 2011 at 12:28. Reason: remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have come to conclude that it is rather difficult to keep corydoras in a community tank. I have platy, Molly and rosy barbs and they are very aggressive when it comes to food. I need to throw up to 6 to 7 disc pellets just to feed 7 Corys as the rest of fishes will compete. I have since separate the corys and only need to feed one to two discs during feeding times.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by barmby View Post
    They need sandy and flat surface. They don't seem to live long in tanks with full of grassy grass like hair grass 100% tank bottom surface
    I am going to changing my gravel to project soil. Anyone had any experience if the corydoras are going to be ok? Will the soil bottom damage their barbels? Please help to advise, thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

btw i upgraded to having 10 pandas and 4 bronze in my tank they are thriving...

however i was wondering anyone know what food to feed the pandas? somehow my bronze are really nice in terms of the colour but my panda's colours are not coming out...
    Romans 6:12-13. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

i keeping c.habrosus. anyone keeping it too? but they seem to be tiliting sideways soemtimes,.is it indicating they are dying? =(
    Last edited by johannes; 1st Jul 2011 at 09:50. Reason: IM Lingo

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

To answer some of the latest posts in this thread:

@seanang168: Drop the food in at night when the lights are out. This allows your Corydoras to feed in peace. They are after all, catfish and more nocturnal in nature than anything else.

@situkwokhan: C. panda are very sensitive fishes from my experience. The ones you purchase from the shops at a young age will invariably die from various reasons over time. Same with any large adult panda cory. They seem to thrive best on live foods, but in the usual home aquarium, people would rather use dry food.

@Kenng: I have no idea what Project Soil is, but if it has sharp edges, then it will be bad for their barbels.

@fuzziefishes: I need to know what species you are referring to. Some "Corydoras" will form growths on their cheeks as they mature over time. Some are indicators for their gender and sexual maturity.

@wrongwroks: I too own C. habrosus at the moment. They should not be tilting side ways. However, during breeding season, the males will assume a T-position to mate with the females. Unless you see this behaviour, it is likely there are problems with your Habbies.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

nice...how long you been keeping your habrosus? mine are alright at the moment, think should be the water change previously 'stressed' them out somehow. is the big hikari algae wafer good for them?
    Last edited by johannes; 1st Jul 2011 at 09:50. Reason: sms lingo

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The ones I have now have been in the tank for 2 days but settling in well. I will probably move them to separate quarters later on. I used to keep them and many other species of Corydoras in the past for nearly 2 years. The oldest Cory I had was a C. similis that survived for 3 years under my care.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    To answer some of the latest posts in this thread:

@Kenng: I have no idea what Project Soil is, but if it has sharp edges, then it will be bad for their barbels.
    Thank you for the advice, added them in for coming to a month. So far so good.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

In my time keeping Corydoras, nothing made the little buggers happier then when kept in a tank with fine sand and leaf litter. The way they spin in the sand digging for food (tubifex at that time) was a delight to watch, same when they root about looking for food.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

indeed they are cute. too big size catfish kind of scare me. lol... small and docile ones like them makes an ideal community to be placed in my tiny nano tank of 15cm cube =x i wonder how many i can squeeze in. =/
    Last edited by johannes; 1st Jul 2011 at 09:51. Reason: sms lingo

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Only a group of 6, no more. They need swimming space, especially the dwarf species, and require good food to thrive. Don't be tempted to put too many in that nano tank.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

IMG00050-20110629-1048.jpg
    my small little habrosus in my small little tank. =D
    IMG00051-20110629-1049.jpg
    sorry for blurred images
    ““When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.””

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Just a tip, take a look at your cories regularly, to see if their barbels are intact. If there is some barbel loss or obvious signs of injury, then the gravel may be a huge problem, or there is some contamination in your gravel layer. They seem to be sensitive to trapped gas bubbles in the substrate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hmm, do cories of different species school together? Google seems to give me conflicting answers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

i think it depends on different people...some people's cories will , some might not. my pgmy cories like to stick to habrosus more often. haha.
    Last edited by johannes; 1st Jul 2011 at 09:51. Reason: remove immediate quote
    ““When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.””

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast