Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Corydoras Keepers

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Yes, they will school together, or feed in groups together. I used to keep a large group of Corydoras, almost all were the blunt-snout type - similis, julii etc. They will move together as one while searching for food. However, this may not work for everyone.

If you keep dwarf cories, buy some Anubias nana. I can guarantee you they will just land on one of the leaves and park themselves there.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Another question: Where do you guys get so many different species of cories? I've been to a couple of LFSs and I only manage to find 4-5 different species.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

About 4-5 years ago, there was a massive Corydoras craze locally. The trend back then was to keep Corydoras, so the farms brought in a lot of exotic species. After the Cory craze died down, the farms sort of reduced their selection of Corydoras. Same applies to wild Anabantoids and other fishes too. At that period of time, there were dedicated Cory enthusiasts that actually brought back live exotic species from Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong, including Thailand even. Now, most stores will stock not more than 10 different species at any one time, because there's just not enough buyers these days.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

anyway, i am giving up my hikari algae wafers for my dwarf cories. they simply dont really touch and its clouding my small little tank... i merely used 3 pieces from this newly opened pack. think i am going to sell it away at cheaply price soon the wafers.
    Last edited by johannes; 1st Jul 2011 at 09:49. Reason: please refrain from using IM LIngo
    ““When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.””

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by FeeWhale View Post
    Another question: Where do you guys get so many different species of cories?
    Keep your eyes and ears wide opened!! That was how I ended up with Corydoras similis, melini, sterbai, trilineatus, oiapoquensis, panda, hastatus, habrosus, pygmaeus and others I can't recall at the moment.

That was then, but if you go the Tiny Cories thread, you will be able to see many of my little cory babies. As Lady Luck would have it (plus sleep-deprived eyes and diminishing grey matter between my ears) I had lots of fun breeding them.

I still have a death-wish... getting my grubby hands on C. gracilis, C. xinguensis and maybe even C. cochui. Whether my sanity and wallet survives the onslaught is another story!!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

nice... anyway, what do you feed your pgymaeus?
    Last edited by johannes; 1st Jul 2011 at 13:18. Reason: remove immediate quote (thanks for the effort in not using sms lingo :))
    ““When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.””

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

They eat whatever the habrosus eats.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi I'm new to corydoras n I have only 4 of the common ones. Can u advise who I can look for or lfs to purchase the different breeds? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

try C328 and Wu hu aquarium. =)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wrongwroks View Post
    try C328 and Wu hu aquarium. =)
    Thank you for the prompt reply. I bought them from c238. I will look out for the other shop tt you mention.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Does anyone have a TW/HK contact..? I'd love to order and ship some cories back if at all possible.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Vannel and those who've been drooling, start saving. C. hastatus incoming. Stay tuned!! [hehe... who doesn't like suspense?]
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Good luck. I hope they live!... haaa..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Barmby, that the risk one needs to take with this fish.
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill View Post
    Vannel and those who've been drooling, start saving. C. hastatus incoming. Stay tuned!! [hehe... who doesn't like suspense?]
    Muahaha..! I know Ronnie. I know.

I actually asked them to help me and got a favourable response. I am supposing you are waiting on the same batch..? They are really quite expensive.. But.. Money Well Spent..!
    Setup: ADA Cube Garden 45-P, Starlitz Clear 45, Eheim Aquacompact 40
    Layout/Hardscape: ADA Amazonia Powder Soil, Borneowild Rutsuuddo Wood (SS Root Type)
    Fauna: Apisto Trifasciata, Sundadanio Axelrodi (Blue), Yamato Shrimp

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I don't know who are the "them" you're referring to but I've already placed a reservation for a 'decent' number to kick off a project. If timing has it her way, we'd be fencing with nets at GC... *imagine... "Mine, no mine, that's yours!!"*
    Last edited by RonWill; 23rd Sep 2011 at 23:50.
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I won't rule out that possibility. Leave some for me..! I hope decent isn't clearing out the tank. PM me with the price will you? I sent you a message as well.
    Layout/Hardscape: ADA Amazonia Powder Soil, Borneowild Rutsuuddo Wood (SS Root Type)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

This incoming lot should be ample to fill everybody's needs and it's too hefty an investment for me alone to clear tank. I'm not at liberty to disclose prices since some costs (and DOA count) are not factored in yet but according to GC's uncle, it shouldn't be over $7. Bulk purchase discounts might be possible with the boss though.
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hastatus...... yummy
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have a question on conditioning of corydoras with regards to feeding regiments. So far, in my corydoras tanks, I have been feeding what I think is a pretty standard fare for most cories. Their main diet being: Hikari Sinking Wafers, Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets. Both have been well documented for being the main food source of aquarium cories. I also occassionally feed my cories Hikari Frozen Bloodworms. They don't swarm over it, but they do eat the worms eventually. Tubifex worms, however, elicit a huge response from them. Anyone else get this in their tanks? I attribute their behaviour to the Tubifex being live, which in turn seems more appealing, but I'm unsure if I should be feeding them more Tubifex when conditioning them for breeding. Or should I just stick to Frozen Bloodworms? Any other foods that are commonly being used? Organic vegetables perhaps?

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast