Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: riccia specific needs

Feedback Score

riccia specific needs

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi all, wana keep riccia in my tank, but dun exactly know the correct environment needed to give it a healthy growth.

what does riccia need exactly?
    and wat r the limits?
    SEIYU SEN JIKO!!! TOP PIORITY GOES TO MOI FISHES!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you are expecting them to pearl nicely, good CO2 and good light. Regular water column fertilisation as they do not have roots.

Regular glooming and maintenance is a must.

Feedback Score
    ??? what u mean by column fertilization? what is that? and btw, triming done by juz cutting them str8? like wat u do to normal plants, e.g. rose? cut and throw? can like tie the trimmed riccia to a rock or sth like that?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ricca conditions are clearly stated by geoffrey. But one thing about Ricca is that it has very high maintainance. It is because when all the conditions are given to them to bubble, it will grow very quickly. If maintainance is not done, it will become too thick and messy such that the lower portion due to insufficient light will drop off and float to the surface. Hence, it has to be trimmed constantly.

Once you trimmed it, it can be tied on different surfaces. Provided that you bother to tie it on them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Base fertilisation is fertilising by initially setting up your tank with a layer of fertilisers below your gravels or by inserting fertilisers into it.

Water column fertilisation is adding liquid or soluble fertilisers via the top into the tank and let it dissolve and diffuse in the water.

BTW, spare me by not using words like sth and str8 because I don't know what they are.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    *off topic*

cupric, can you minimize/avoid using irc lingo in AQ. Some of us, are not familiar with sth, str8

sth = something
    str8 = straight

Feedback Score
    sorry guys, ok, i would stop using the irc/icq chat methods. sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In anycase, besides good lighting and good dose of CO2, does riccia still need cool temperature? or just normal room temperature will do(26-2?

From what i hear from an aquarium, the boss told me that riccia needs rather cool temperature. so is temperature really a must?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Riccia is quite undemanding. Normal temperature will do. Besides those, dosing with comprehensive Taiwan fertilizer can do.

Feedback Score
    ahhhh and so i see, so can i conclude that riccia is a rather undemanding but requires lot of lighting and CO2? and it also requires occasional column fertlisation.
    and to trim it regularly to prevent the ones at the bottom to die out due to lack of lighting right?

all right? if that's so, i think riccia garden should be up in no time!

regards and lotsof thanks,
    royston[]