Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Fertiliser quantity calculation / Nitrates function?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Fertiliser quantity calculation / Nitrates function?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

If we were to visit Chuck's website, he has done in up nicely where we were to enter our Tank Size in Gallons, Quantity of "Fertiliser crystals" to be mixed with X quantity of water, and he will determine the each ml of the solution will contain what ppm or mg/l.

The question is, if I would like to perform my own calculation to understand the process in greater details, how do I calculate? I would like to know how to calculate to determine each ml of solution I dose will be increasing by what quantity in terms of ppm or mg/l.

I hope this is not too much a trouble to ask. [] []

May I also ask, what is the function of Nitrates? Seems to be closely linked to Phosphate in terms of functions....

Feedback Score
    hi stress, you question very "chim". However, I know someone who can help you. PLease look up Dr. Mallick's website. Will try to get you the link.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/5/2003 2:42:11 PM

Hi,

If we were to visit Chuck's website, he has done in up nicely where we were to enter our Tank Size in Gallons, Quantity of "Fertiliser crystals" to be mixed with X quantity of water, and he will determine the each ml of the solution will contain what ppm or mg/l.

The question is, if I would like to perform my own calculation to understand the process in greater details, how do I calculate? I would like to know how to calculate to determine each ml of solution I dose will be increasing by what quantity in terms of ppm or mg/l.

I hope this is not too much a trouble to ask. [] []

May I also ask, what is the function of Nitrates? Seems to be closely linked to Phosphate in terms of functions....
    ----------------
    Please read the site again. It says:

"Each ML of this solution that you add to your tank will add: "

Nitrates is one of the nitrogen source for plants. Other source of nitrogen include ammonia & urea.

The role of nitrogen in plants are mainly for proteins, nucleic acids, chlorophyll, phycobilins.

P from phosphates (PO4) are for nucleic acids, ATP, phospholipids, ion transport regulation, bioenergetics.

BC