Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: cooked yamato shrimp

Feedback Score

cooked yamato shrimp

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    sad sad sad... just change my pl light from 6500k to 10000k. half of my yamato shrimps look cooked in 1 day. can any one tell me y? puzzle!! or maybe bcos of my water condition? Ph at 6.8, KH at 3, NO2 at < o.3mg water temp. at 29 close to 30 cos using alcohol thermomitor, rest didnt check... but half of them is ok... yamato shrimp thats it.[] BTW the red 1 die already.[]
    ==================================
    GOAL WITHOUT TIME LIMIT IS ONLY A DREAM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    ermm...10000K? Sori about ur shrimps..Tot its more for marine.Thnk the intensity too strong....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Voodoo, is it a new tank? Lots of plants in there? Planted tanks don't really cycle like fish only tanks...in fact, they don't need to if you pack the tank with plants from the start and add good amounts of CO2, light and nutrients.

Heat is not really the issue unless the O2 drop drastically. Do a large water change and try to add old filter medium which you can obtain from friends or the LFS (Don't wash it..just add them in). That should fix the nitrifying bacteria part..the next is grow your plants well and they will take care of your critters.

Good luck!
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    peter. this tank is 3 mouth old and is only cover with riccia. they r growing nicely and bubbling. the shrimp is in there for 1 month already, shredding shells and seems to grow a bit. but until 5th aug. i did a water change and change the 6500k pl tube to 10000k ( which i bought wrongly). then the shrimp started to red and die off, but only half of them is dying.[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Did you add anti-chloramine or chlorine stuff when changing water? I had no issues with no addition of both stuff but some forumers reported critter deaths probably due to chloramine in their tap water which is deadly. Be on the cautious side and get some anti-chloramine solution for your tank when doing water change to see how it goes. The light should not have much bearings on your shrimp deaths other than lower dissolve O2 at higher temperatures.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    yes added anti-chlorine.