Country
    Singapore

Rotala stunted help!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys,

It's been a long time. I have started my tank sometimes back and I had planted rotala as my background plant. The weird thing is the rotala in the centre of the tank is growing fine, whereas those at the sides (left and right) are stunted and has got very small leaves and poor growth. Very drastic difference. The centre plants are lush and red and bubbling. I was reading up, and there are some who were saying it's some deficiency of some sorts. But if this is true why is this only on the sides?

Just a bit of background. I initially wanted to use ADA soil. But decided not to halfway through. However, as I covered lapis over the ADA soil, I did not take out the soil in the centre part as I thought it will not be seen.

So according to you guys, is it really the difference in the substrate? Could it be this crucial? I have started to stick root tabs under the lapis on the sides but that was only rfew days back, so not seeing results yet.

Most importantly, do you guys think could be a possibility that it is due to light deficiency as the affected areas are at the tail end of the lights?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Rotala stunted help!!

Anyone can help??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Rotala stunted help!!

are you saying the one that does not grow well are planted on lapis sand? are you dosing liquid fert?

My gues is either soil or light or both.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/