Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your personal goals w/planted tanks?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States

What are your personal goals w/planted tanks?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    What are your personal goals w/planted tanks?

Regards,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    For me, it is just for me to help me relax. Also to learn 1st hand about planted aquarim. cause once i know what i am doing, i could be converting all my tanks to planted, regardless of what kind of fishes.

Me and my wife always love planted aquarim, but fail in our 2 attempt a few years back, so now making a so-call comeback with just one tank to try.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    for me, the planted tank is a form of expression of ideas that i have in mind. also, i have been in this hobby for quite sometime and i find it a sustainable one in a sense that there's always new things to learn, new plants to experiment and new concepts to explore.

also, as I learn more about it, the spin-off is that I uderstand and become more sensitive to nature and realise how fragile and eco-system can be... (just imagine pollutants like some nitrogeneous waste causing massive algae blooms suffocating all other organisms...)

[]
    ----------------------------

do not do to others what you will not want done to you!

be kind! =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My goal is simple! To have something green in my living room!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Mine is also simple,

Planted Tank won't NAG at me.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It started out as a fish only hobby for me many years ago until my cousin made a bet with me that I would not be able to achieve a planted tank with Discus in them.....well he loss the bet.

The longer I went into the hobby, the more I am drawn into the planted tank which become a challenge up till today....I find it very fulfilling when I look into a healthy tank which facinates me till to day as its like having a different world in my home.

Its also very good nature education for my 6 years old son....in urban Singapore, I feel that the children of today lack the opportunity to understand, respect and protect the ever reducing natural ecology left in Singapore.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    to achieve plantvarna

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    it's like being an artist : creating a living picture with plants and fish

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Beside having a nicely planted little garden in my living room, I can learn a lot about nature. Sometimes I wished that I could be inside my tank to enjoy the aquacaping from the vantage point of a fish.[]

I also become more aware of environmental issues.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    To bring in a part of a biotope/ecosystem and made it a centrepiece in my humble little abode. In a way, I would be near 2 nature amongst the concrete jungle.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    To bring a little of the outdoors into the house, and like Simon, it's a good way to educate my children a little about Nature
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Achieving a successful planted tank can be very addictive. After spending my last 5 yrs in this hobby...I always regret I dont have a 2nd tank, a 3rd tank or more to try again. Sure I can afford the cost...but cannot afford the space... always dream of setting up a 6 foot planted tank. How many of you have this problem....?

I like to know how many of us would be interested if there is a big space where all of us can put all our tanks/projects there and gather regularly to chat (bring your girlfren or families along) and compare with the different designs. Sort of instead of a Koi hotel for fish... we have planted tank "resorts"?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks like I'm the only one with a selfish reason.

I was close to a burnout (with work) when I started on my first planted tank last Dec. Figured that it will be cheaper than looking up a psychiatrist in Singapore.
    ThEoDoRe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Living in Singapore HDB flats, it is hard to have a plot of land to create a natural looking garden.

So the planted tank helps to fill in the gap.

Potted plants are just too difficult to create that kind of natural atmosphere compare to the planted tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Like some others, I feel that 'ogling' at our own planted tanks is very RELAXING. It's THERAPEUTIC indeed.

Also, I'm kinda THRILLED upon knowing that we hobbyists can actually 'manipulate' the co-existence of aquatic plants and fishes in our own living room or bedroom!

And the best part would certainly be to see our efforts to maintain one come to fruition.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/14/2003 2:05:52 PM

Living in Singapore HDB flats, it is hard to have a plot of land to create a natural looking garden.

So the planted tank helps to fill in the gap.

Potted plants are just too difficult to create that kind of natural atmosphere compare to the planted tank.
    ----------------
    Exactly my sentiments. It's great to be tending to my "garden" in land scarce Singapore.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    planted tanks are great. i look at mine to destress. however, i am afraid to say that pure nature aquarists are few compared to trend followers. now LH gone, these guys are keeping Nemo and planted. what irritates me most is their stupid questions. can heater reduce water temperature? which plant is the best? why got algae? my plants grow not as expected? can use OHF for planted? why can't they appreciate nature and leave alone!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    anarchy: Kindly stick to the discussion. Other discussion threads have already addressed your other issues. Cheers!
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Having a nice planted tank is my alternative for a garden, especially in the apartments we live in. Great to have it with kids too. I personally like the science part of it but never really got around the art of doing good aquascaping, as much as I want to.

Ironically, I find it relaxing even when dealing with difficult algae problems when I first started out. I guess planted tanks must have some kind of therapautic effects on my soul, I feel good just by looking at them after a stressful day. The greatest joy and satisfaction I get is to see the plants flourishing and thriving, I think for most of us here too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    My goal is to create an a tank of full slow growing plants at their peak full grown condition. In this way, I can let the tank develop on it own without much trimming and leave nature do the job.

No question is stupid, it will only generate more knowledge by those who read it. []

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast