Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: yeah!yeah! baby guppies.. but....

Feedback Score

yeah!yeah! baby guppies.. but....

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    any one have xperience in raising baby guppies? threw few of them in 3 weeks ago and now have baby guppies haha. but how i feed them ? pls.dahnia? if baby gupies cant finished the dahnia how? any other food? help help sos sos
    dun want them to die of hunger.[]
    o btw got several big guppies, 3 oto, 6 yamato and 2 dun know what name shrimp. err its planted tank.
    ==================================
    GOAL WITHOUT TIME LIMIT IS ONLY A DREAM.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    U try to provide more hiding places for the babies like add more floating plants so that they can hide away from the hungry fishes.
    U definitely will lose some of them and if there's sufficient hiding area, some will survive.

U can crushed some flakes which they will eat readily.

Alternatively, u can catch all the babies in a smaller tank, feed them with food eg. daphania, etc, once they reach a certain size, re-intro them into the big tank.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    Understand that friends come and go,
    but with a precious few you can hold on.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

Feedback Score
    so the babies can eat flake food already? cos catching them in planted tank kind of difficult.
    ==================================
    GOAL WITHOUT TIME LIMIT IS ONLY A DREAM.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You can try small amount of hard boiled egg york. People were telling me it will cloud the water but I witnessed my friend using it for his baby gold fish with no problems at all. He had only a old overhead filter and the only problem he faced was the need to check for babies in the filter media every now and then.
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    I've got some guppy fries too, i seperated as much as i could from the parents (i still see 3 to 4 of 'em swimming around in the main tank thou) and place them in a small tank with lotsa java moss. Left the tank under direct sunlight and left them to themselves. Till now they're still alive and growing bigger...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I normally feed the fries with liquidfries NO 2. Costs abt $3.50 per bottle. Normally feed that 3 times per day, 1 to 2 drop per feeding. I keep them in microwave box (That kind of box that hawkers use for laksa). The water level is about 2cm, without filter. I put some water plants with them. I realise they like to sleep under the leaves. Normally I change water 2 time weekly. I start to feed them with Daphnia only when they are 3 weeks old.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Can i directly ad the liquidfry 2 into the planted tank?
    Will my other fishes and shrimps(8 neons, 6 black tetras and 3 malayan) eat up the "fry food"?
    Kind of hard to catch the frys in the tank...
    Will the fries be able to "sense" the presence of fry food?

Thanks!
    Sein

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am not sure whether the fry will eat the food but one thing for sure, the fish or the shrimp will eat the fry as food! I personally williness it myself. My zebra diano fry kana caught and eaten up by the yamano shrimp. Try suck up the fry using a bigger tube or use a smaller net. Then keep in the same tank usinga separator tank. This way, u dun need a filter for the fry already mah.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 8/18/2003 11:57:45 AM

I normally feed the fries with liquidfries NO 2. Costs abt $3.50 per bottle. Normally feed that 3 times per day, 1 to 2 drop per feeding. I keep them in microwave box (That kind of box that hawkers use for laksa). The water level is about 2cm, without filter. I put some water plants with them. I realise they like to sleep under the leaves. Normally I change water 2 time weekly. I start to feed them with Daphnia only when they are 3 weeks old.
    ----------------
    Wah, you do it with so much tender loving care ngah.... For me, I have a guppy only tank, 30+ of them, never bother about have fry or don't have fry. Just feed them with chippo flake food. One special note is that I have plenty of hidding places for them... I did not give special care to the fry, but I always have small fries grown up till adult size.

My point is, no need special care, It breed so fast that it sometime gives you headache.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry to interrupt, just a bit out of the topic: when we keep all the guppy bro and sister together and let them mate, will their genes become weaker or what? This has been puzzle me for some years already.