Country
    Singapore

question on the co2 pressuried system

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all
    i have a question on the pressurized co2 system. How come the solenoid will go to 50 to 0?

Before that i still got bubbles coming out and now no more bubbles.

I lift the cylinder and is still heavy so cannot be empty (newly bought)

Need help from expert here..

Thank

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: question on the co2 pressuried system

did you open the main valve? Did your regulator come with 2 pressure gauge? if so, what is the reading on the other pressure gauge? It should be around 800-1000psi and the other one 25-30 psi. The first measure the pressure inside the tank and the second measure the pressure before the needle valve.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    did you open the main valve? Did your regulator come with 2 pressure gauge? if so, what is the reading on the other pressure gauge? It should be around 800-1000psi and the other one 25-30 psi. The first measure the pressure inside the tank and the second measure the pressure before the needle valve.
    the main valve was told opened so i didnt do anything..
    regulator come with 1 pressure guage only
    the reading at 50+++
    begining there is bubble...then no more bubble i check the guage go to 0 reading. ops....
    then i tried open the main valve then the guage go to 50+++ again and bubble start to coming out again...
    till this morning the reading at the guage is still 50+++ so i guess now should be fine....

~~Sweat~~

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

It sound as if you are using manual regulator. Do you have picture of your regulator? Normally solenoid regulator come with 2 pressure gauge.

Connect the solenoid to wall socket, turn on and off the wall switch. You should see the bubble coming out when the power is on and no bubble when power is off. This is to check whether the solenoid working or not.

Unfortunately with manual regulator nothing you can do about it. It is normal for manual regulator to have unstable output, you need to manually set every morning. Some have luck with it but many does not.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    It sound as if you are using manual regulator. Do you have picture of your regulator? Normally solenoid regulator come with 2 pressure gauge.

Connect the solenoid to wall socket, turn on and off the wall switch. You should see the bubble coming out when the power is on and no bubble when power is off. This is to check whether the solenoid working or not.

Unfortunately with manual regulator nothing you can do about it. It is normal for manual regulator to have unstable output, you need to manually set every morning. Some have luck with it but many does not.

Hi Shadow

yes i am using the manual type
    I will take a pic of it tonight and upload here.

Look like i got to manual set daily ....
    seem not east to maintain 1 bubble per sec....currently is a few bubble constantly haha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

images.jpg

Hi Shadow

I managed to find the pic in net...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

yeah that one is manual regulator, it is difficult to get the right bps. Imagine there is 1000psi inside the tank and you want to adjust 1bps, it is just too much.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hi shadow,

i saw the guage go back to 0 this morning and i turn the main valve toward "open" direction again and the meter go back to 50+++ level..funny le

My ques is ...do i have to do this everyday? i thought once the main valve is open and i fine tune the needle valve to 1 bubble per second and it will stay there forever?

Does electric solenoid solve this problem? May i know the least wallet damages for the electric solenoid? haha

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The funny thing is how come the main valve close back. Normally the main valve is open 100% or at least 50%.

There is mis conception about electronic solenoid. Electronic solenoid it self is just a way to turn on or off the CO2. What you need it regulator that automatically step down the pressure and maintain it at certain pressure. It is just happen that now a days LFS sell solenoid with dual gauge regulator. They call it solenoid regulator and yet it will solve your problem but the price is 3 to 4 times manual regulator.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hello everyone..

How can I adjust the working pressure of a CO2 system?

Right now my pressurised atomiser requires 2 bar (30psi) working pressure.. I can only get around 20, which is probably why it's not working as well. I open the valve completely and i can only get 1 bubble per second, which means that the pressure is not enough to push the CO2 out of the atomiser...

Please help.. I'm using a JBJ electric solenoid