Thread: White Spots on Tetras after adding B. Sidthimunki

Feedback Score

White Spots on Tetras after adding B. Sidthimunki

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    [:0] []

So sad to see a tankful of fat cardinals and green neons suffer with bout of bad white spots.

Owner had added in B. Sidthimunki and found this reaction.

Can the tank be saved? I've taken a couple and put them in a separate QT tank alone. If they are indeed the bearers, won't they show the symptoms?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    a) learn to quarantine
    b) white spot is "easy" to cure. search the web.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi lyvz,

Theres no point in trying to quaranteen the fishes after the fact. White spot disease or ICH, is a rather common aquarium disease. by now, the entire tank will be affected.

As Chris mentioned, doing a search on the web can give you most of the answers you need. Of particular importance, pay attention to the life cycle of the parasite... i.e. just cuz the spots are gone, doesn't mean the disease is cured.

If you need a quick fix, try increasing the salt concentration in your tank by adding about 1 tbsp of salt/ 5 gallons of water. Keep the water like this for about 2 weeks. If you want medications, Sera's costapur has given many here pretty good results.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    China
    Even white spots, to some small fish is deadly too.

Feedback Score
    Salt did help to cure white spots but it also killed my cardinal tetras and rummyred nose. []

Feedback Score
    Sorry for the confusion, it wasn't my tank... asked shop uncle to bring in and when he added to his tank with the tetras etc. this happened...

I meant I bought 2 and they are in a QT tank and I'm treating them with the ocean free. Btw. how do you know its been nipped in the bud?

btw. One of them actually jumped out of the tank and when i was frantic trying to scoop the feller up, he bit me! wow for a 1.5" juvenile its quite fierce. So that got me to take a very close look at my main tank and guess what? During feeding, my existing b. sidimunki's are actually nipping the corys! couple of them are spotting small wounds and 2 pandas got bad fins...

Spent two hours trying to get those bad tempered ones out! I never had this problem previously with the previous batch and from reading they are suppose to be community fishes with milder temperaments and are friendly. Well...