Advertise here

Hardware: Dynmax IQ3 set
    Substrate: GEX red 800g
    Filter media:
    50% sponge that comes with the set
    50% biohome plus

Flora:
    3 moss balls
    Some surviving petite nana (from vivarium)
    Java moss tied to drifwood (from vivarium)

Fauna:
    Cherry Shrimps.
    (planning to get some boraras if i can find them)

Please do not mind the tank is not very planted. I was forced to give up on my aquarium hobby at home due to space constraints. And my office desktop vivarium started to wilt when I shifted it back home due to job change. This is my first attempt in a long while to restart my lost hobby.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 1.2g/8l Table Top Tank.

[QUOTE=Petia;572254]

Additional plants to create a garden scene. The plants (erm some sort of najas? need help to identify) at the back suppose to represent bamboo, the moss balls bushes, the driftwood is a mossy bridge and the grass is well grass...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Looking good, but the plants may be too "big, tall" for a mini aquascape like yours, but it will work. Good Luck!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I may not seeing it properly, but you are not suppose to burried nana rhizome. It will melt otherwise.

By the way, Dynmax IQ3 if not mistaken come with LED light and it is quite dim. It may not suitable for Ludwigia
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

The nana used to be grown on dried moss as a substrate, the surviving part of the nana petite is the leaves and some roots, the rhizome was non existent. I am just trying my luck if the plant can survive in the new environment.

The background plants are indeed a little too tall, if they survive I will do some trimming to make them look upright rather and too "bendy".

The shrimps are doing well, growing very fast in their 5 star accommodation. The moss balls appear to be "sprouting" little balls off shoot colony.

I also did some changes to the overflow filter to fill up the gap with filter wool so the tinier shrimps do not get sucked into the filter.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi! Maybe you might want to consider using a riccia lawn as foreground since your tank is not that big? Or else the foreground plant might grow too long soon and the maybe you can get 1 or 2 more pieces of driftwood and arrange with that one tied with moss in the picture to form something more unique? But your tank looks neat and simple though, your shrimps must be loving their new home!
    Cheers!
    griffinkid

Keeping | Nannostomus Eques, Pseudomugil furcatus, Sphaerichthys osphromenoides, Pseudepiplatys annulatus and Corydoras hastatus |

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

just a quick update on the status

the shrimps seems happy although they are never fed, and growing in size too.

the hairgrass is sprouting runners and quickly invading the foreground. soon the nana petite will be overrun.
    the stem plant is dropping leaves, slowly balding, however the lower part of the stem new shoots can be seen.
    Java moss seem to be very low growth, initially i thought they would be the fastest to grow. moss balls did not do much progress on spreading their colony. maybe i need to rotate them during water change.

i m contemplating the use of hydroponic "balance" fertilliser as the shrimps arent producing much bioload to feed the plants. only scared of algae bloom so i shall wait a month till the plants are firmly established. I will dose a very diluted amount after water change to top up the macro and micro nutrients.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

looking ver nice and beautiful

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

this week some gsa and gda outbreak after dosing 0.2 ml of hydroponic fert. all plants doing well except the stem plant which is yellowing.

time to add in an oto.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

After the stem plant becomes quite botak, the moss balls are now getting direct exposure to the LED light. Happily pearling away during the weekly water change.

The stem plant tends to entangle itself, and after each water change (and many leaves dropping) the appearance will be different.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Invasion of the GSA. The 2 otos have worked hard to clear out the GDA but GSA is so hard to remove.