Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Very cool co2 diffuser!!! Misty like!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Very cool co2 diffuser!!! Misty like!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Halimlee85 View Post
    Well bro this type of technical normally company may patent their technology hence it may be a tweak in one or two of the spec but i belive the objective of the product is met. Just like LILY pipe we have high-end like boneo world, ADA mean time we also have cheaper range like gush etc naked eye it both look the same but in term of workmanship and clarity weall know it hehe... so it voice down to availability, budget and also personal preference.

For me i didn't know that GLA have such as i only saw the doffiser in one of the bros blog then i just hunt for the same brand. do let us know if you getting the GLA and give us a review i sure it be best if we able to see if there is any different.
    yes bro i get what you mean, but what GLA meant that, since their ceramic is twice the density, they produce much more finer bubbles.. but looking at shadow's blog, i must say the UP brand is good enough.. too bad i cant get the inline diffuser.. im using Fluval Fx5 and the ribbed hose is just too large.. may drop by seaview again to get the "fake" GLA diffuser..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I did not fully read the GLA product but if it is true that it can create finer bubble than Up inline diffuser, that mean it will need more pressure to push the CO2. Even with Up inline diffuser, you need more pressure compare to my old Boyu CD-01 inline diffuser. When I first install I though I install wrongly because nothing coming out. Only after a while the fine bubble start coming out. Worst case is when the next day CO2 hose on the bubble counter come off due to pressure. I only know it when I came back from Office lucky I'm Kiasu put 3 brass check valve so no water on the floor nor cabinet. Now I change the bubble counter with the screw hose lock type. I'm also looking for check valve with screw hose lock as well.

What is the hose size of Fluval Fx5? can't you change the hose?
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Also since it is inside the cabine, it dark and green spot algae will not grow.
    what's the relationship between this and green spot?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

green spot only grow when there is light
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I did not fully read the GLA product but if it is true that it can create finer bubble than Up inline diffuser, that mean it will need more pressure to push the CO2. Even with Up inline diffuser, you need more pressure compare to my old Boyu CD-01 inline diffuser. When I first install I though I install wrongly because nothing coming out. Only after a while the fine bubble start coming out. Worst case is when the next day CO2 hose on the bubble counter come off due to pressure. I only know it when I came back from Office lucky I'm Kiasu put 3 brass check valve so no water on the floor nor cabinet. Now I change the bubble counter with the screw hose lock type. I'm also looking for check valve with screw hose lock as well.

cool.. cant wait to try my hand on the GLA diffuser.. haha..
    Fx5's hose i think is larger than those large 16/22 size.. everything fit nicely behind cabinet liao.. want to change very troublesome.. better dun touch it.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

green spot only grow when there is light
    oh, you mean grow on the diffuser...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

yeah, that what happen for normal diffuser you put in the tank. Green spot will grow on the surface and block the diffuser.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, Sound like i need to take precaution to prevent the CO2 hose from coming off. where do you place your check valve to prevent the back flow? is there any diffrent from normal and brass check valve?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

in my opinion the brass check valve is better but then it might also depend on the brand. Last time when I use those cheap yellow/green color plastic check valve, every morning there always water almost reaching my regulator. I end up have to turn on the CO2 for 15 minutes (the smallest that my timer can do) early morning 2am. That will help to push water back. I do not have to do that when I use brass check valve.

I have 3 check valve, each on the bubble counter in and out. and another one in between the bubble counter out and diffuser.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

in my opinion the brass check valve is better but then it might also depend on the brand. Last time when I use those cheap yellow/green color plastic check valve, every morning there always water almost reaching my regulator. I end up have to turn on the CO2 for 15 minutes (the smallest that my timer can do) early morning 2am. That will help to push water back. I do not have to do that when I use brass check valve.

I have 3 check valve, each on the bubble counter in and out. and another one in between the bubble counter out and diffuser.
    How about the ANS counter set? i kiasu also.. use the ANS counter set(bubble counter + check valve, both made of glass) + another check valve cause the glass check valve dont look good enough to me.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
    How about the ANS counter set? i kiasu also.. use the ANS counter set(bubble counter + check valve, both made of glass) + another check valve cause the glass check valve dont look good enough to me.
    EvoZ, I've used a generic glass check valve before, and I think it must always be in the upright position, otherwise, the bead in the glass valve will block the outlet and cause your air tubes to break loose. Just my observation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I'm currently visiting Hong Kong for work. Would it be cheaper to buy this GLA or UP diffuser here or in Singapore? I just visited the Goldfish Market Street and all I can say is HOLY COW is it awesome.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin Koh View Post
    EvoZ, I've used a generic glass check valve before, and I think it must always be in the upright position, otherwise, the bead in the glass valve will block the outlet and cause your air tubes to break loose. Just my observation.
    Yup its upright, i stick it nicely onto the side of my glass wall..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgangs246 View Post
    I'm currently visiting Hong Kong for work. Would it be cheaper to buy this GLA or UP diffuser here or in Singapore? I just visited the Goldfish Market Street and all I can say is HOLY COW is it awesome.
    Bro it Cheaper to get it there(HK) cause for the UP diffuser in SG currently no LFS carry and i recently order online cost me about 30 to 35 SG dollar so u may try to do some conversion with the selling price there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The inline diffuser should be around S$25 in Hong Kong. no need think twice, just buy
    Are you taking Mass Order?
    -Robert

Heehee, i'm interested to get the inline diffuser too if there is an MO and bro Wolfgangs246 willing to help us get it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The inline diffuser should be around S$25 in Hong Kong. no need think twice, just buy
    Are you taking Mass Order?
    $25 is indeed worth it and relatively cheaper compared to online prices ($30-36). I am still puzzled, why none of the local LFS carry it, even though it's been out for 1 year+ and UP products are common in local Singapore fish shops.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Good question, I'm asking this myself. Any idea who is the Up distributor? Maybe give them a call and asked
    -Robert

I totally agreed!! Seem like singapore is quite well back in term of new products launch... Maybe our market here is too small ...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I don't mind doing a group order of the products since I am here and I'm intending to buy the GLA inline diffuser myself. But how many are we talking about? My concern being that they tack on a 3% markup for using credit cards and I didn't really bring enough cash to make a bulk purchase.

Would it be ok if someone offer to help with the headcount in Singapore? I can try to make a trip on Tuesday night to confirm the pricing and then report back to confirm if everyone is still interested? then on maybe Thursday or Friday make a second trip to make the actual purchase. On?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast