Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Very cool co2 diffuser!!! Misty like!!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Very cool co2 diffuser!!! Misty like!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    the problem with this atomizer is you need high pressure to force out tiny bubbles, the fine bubbles is good to have but bad for your CO2 system. When your CO2 pressure runs lower than the atomizer required, the atomizer stops working but actually there's still lots of CO2 inside the CO2 tank, thus this is a big problem you going to face.

One thing you need to remember is the CO2 system is not a machine that can be force out constantly as it has no driven system at all but rather a pressure it let go by itself when you release the gauge.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgangs246 View Post
    Are you serious? Same design and performance? Ouch. Now I feel cheated.
    i think hes refering to the GLA knock-off atomizer instead of the HK atomizer u bought..

Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    the problem with this atomizer is you need high pressure to force out tiny bubbles, the fine bubbles is good to have but bad for your CO2 system. When your CO2 pressure runs lower than the atomizer required, the atomizer stops working but actually there's still lots of CO2 inside the CO2 tank, thus this is a big problem you going to face.

One thing you need to remember is the CO2 system is not a machine that can be force out constantly as it has no driven system at all but rather a pressure it let go by itself when you release the gauge.
    hmm.. true.. any idea how much co2 will be left if co2 pressure runs low? thanks

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

just imagine you need around 6-7bps to release bubbles, how much CO2 will be left in the tank you can gauge from there! this kind of atomizer actually is not suitable to use, cos it need high pressure to release CO2 thus you cannot always have constant CO2 supply which is bad for planted tank.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
    hmm.. true.. any idea how much co2 will be left if co2 pressure runs low? thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

just imagine you need around 6-7bps to release bubbles, how much CO2 will be left in the tank you can gauge from there! this kind of atomizer actually is not suitable to use, cos it need high pressure to release CO2 thus you cannot always have constant CO2 supply which is bad for planted tank.
    but after once it hit the pressure at 6-7bps and start releasing co2, isn't the bubbles released constant already? since your co2 output will be constant for the rest of the time u want it to on.. please advise.. thanks.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

the funny part as i had mentioned is irregular CO2 release, bps is not accurate at all, pressure release is unidentified etc etc... you only can based on your experienced to gauge how much CO2 is release into the tank, for those with low current flow rate this is dangerous as it might kill your faunas.

but after once it hit the pressure at 6-7bps and start releasing co2, isn't the bubbles released constant already? since your co2 output will be constant for the rest of the time u want it to on.. please advise.. thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

the funny part as i had mentioned is irregular CO2 release, bps is not accurate at all, pressure release is unidentified etc etc... you only can based on your experienced to gauge how much CO2 is release into the tank, for those with low current flow rate this is dangerous as it might kill your faunas.
    oh.. so end of the day, diffuser is not accurate at all since the amount of co2 diffused into the tank is irregular since those tiny bubbles are being blown all around the tank.. end of the day, reactor still the best.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

i think you've confuse already, lol. if you need to inject 6-7bps and it only gives you maybe 1-2 bps from the reading of bubbles counter then of course it is not so accurate. the normal atomizer or ceramic one wont have such problem as the holes is not as compact as the one you bought, even ADA ceramic diffuser dont make so compact.

oh.. so end of the day, diffuser is not accurate at all since the amount of co2 diffused into the tank is irregular since those tiny bubbles are being blown all around the tank.. end of the day, reactor still the best.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

i think you've confuse already, lol. if you need to inject 6-7bps and it only gives you maybe 1-2 bps from the reading of bubbles counter then of course it is not so accurate. the normal atomizer or ceramic one wont have such problem as the holes is not as compact as the one you bought, even ADA ceramic diffuser dont make so compact.

what im trying to say is, using diffuser wont have 100% diffusion of co2 so strictly speaking, co2 in the tank is irregular since the diffusion is irregular when its being blown all over the tank.. i understand what you are trying to say.. and thanks for the info.. but i guess since i already bought it i shall continue using it..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I presume for the GLA atomizer, if you inject eg. 5bps, you should get around 5bps of bubbles coming out of the atomizer. So bubble for bubble per sec it's more efficient but not so for the cheaper ones cos you'll have to inject more bps to get the same amount of bubbles to come out of the atomizer.
    Admiring my Fishes calm the Beast within me

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

This is a video of my intense bazooka 55mm atomizer at work.. at 4 - 5 bps.. do note that my tank have pretty good flow so those micro bubbles are moving around...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

like pouring water on dry ice!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Dude thats a pretty awesome bubble flow you have there. Glad to know it's working so well for you. :-)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgangs246 View Post
    Dude thats a pretty awesome bubble flow you have there. Glad to know it's working so well for you. :-)

Thanks bro, yes i very happy with this atomizer

Quote Originally Posted by zonkkie View Post
    like pouring water on dry ice!
    indeed!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456