Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Info about Tin foil barb and silver shark(black tip)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Info about Tin foil barb and silver shark(black tip)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi

Did anyone keep the a/m species? do they eat plants? Which level in the aquarium do they normally swim? Whats the biggest size they grow?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have kept Tinfoil barb b4. Hardy fish and will take anything you offer including bread. They have been seen nibbling on Egeria Densa. Need a large tank 4ft n above for them. Will grow to a length of 30 cm as did mine. Had about 4 of them and they shoal together. They normally swim in the mid to top region but will occasionally visit the lower region. Get those specimen with nice scale and avoid if their scale are not well formed. The scale will reflect the aquarium lighting at certain angle. In excellent condition, the anal, caudal and dorsal fin will turn red-orange.

This is a fast fish and slow swimming fishes like angels are to be avoided. Might scare them. I have kept them together with Asian Shark Catfish(Pangasius sutchi) and they don't pose any problem together. Aggressive fish should be avoided at all cost coz they might nip out those beautiful silver metallic scale of the tinfoil barb. If u have a large tank, get 4-6 pc of this fish.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Since its quite a fast moving fish, will they disturb or scare an arrowana when kept together?
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Not so sure but if u add a shoal( 4pc onward), the tank might look a bit congested. It is a fast fish but not always. Unless you put in a net to catch them.....Also the reflected light from the metallic scale of the tinfoil barb might distract the arowana. You might catch the light reflection while sitting from across the living room.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.