Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: blue zebra

blue zebra

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anybody keeps this? are they suitable for community tank? will they also unearth plants?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    don't think they are suitable for planted tanks with tetras and all that. they are very territorial and requires a pH of more than 7. unless you are talking about a African cichild tank that have lots of hiding places/territory spaces for the inhibitants.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What blue zebra is that ?
    Do describe your commnunity tank too

I have a 2ft planted tank which is 45cm tall, 15cm taller than the usual 2ft tanks sold in LFS. I have about 40 tetras, 3otos, malayan shrimps, 4 guppies, 3 gouramis, 1 molly, 1 angelfish, and my newest addition the blue zebra.

but I don't think it's a pure blue zebra cuz the stripes aren't very distinct. not sure if it's electric blue. it's one of those commonly found in LFS. anyway, so far noone's fighting, except the angelfish during meal times. I"ve a rock cave which the blue fella resides in.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Do you mean pseudotropheus zebra?
    If so, these are a very aggressive african cichlid, and need a high pH of about 7.8-8.0 and very hard water.
    The will eat plants. They will also eat any fish they can get into their mouths. NOT a community fish. not a fish for you..sorry!
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

but looking at my fish it doesn't have very black stripes, stripes yes, but not as dinstinct as there should be for a p.zebra. anyway so far it hasn't eaten any plants nor tetras! so keeping my fingers crossed!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    possibly because of low pH and soft water...?
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Sigh...... my gourami is dead, my guppies have their tails all choped off. have removed the blue zebra.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The stripes might not be showing cos of the water quality not to their preference.
    Not only that , they tend to display the "true colors" in a tank with other rival males and hence need to show off in a way to throw weight around.

Its not suited for your tank and i am glad you took it out before it does more harm to the rest of your fish.
    If you are not planning to keep it , let me know.