1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

dymax HOF review

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i bought the dymax HOF from seaview just about 2 weeks ago for $7.50, and it died on me, killing all my feeder shrimp in the tank. the feeder shrimps are not expensive. about 30 died. but this is to tell others that the filter is not durable at all lol. so beware, dont house your beloved creatures even temporarily on this HOF!

note: this is not to make dymax lose business, but just as a friendly warning/alert to all forumers.
    Moved on from plants to predatory fishes, but still finding for inspiration for a 3ft planted tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: dymax HOF review

Hi, Just curious, How did the dead dymax HOF kill your shrimp? And how long did you take to find out that the dymax hof died on you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I used to use a small Dymax HOF (about S$9 when I bought it) for a few years with my 18 litre tank. It worked fine with no breakdown for the few years (about 3 yrs) until I grew tire of it and upgraded to Eden501.

So to be fair, maybe you got a lemon set. Wish you better luck next time and happy fish/shrimp keeping!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by equidorz View Post
    Hi, Just curious, How did the dead dymax HOF kill your shrimp? And how long did you take to find out that the dymax hof died on you?
    was out for the day. and usually i feed at night. hence it could have died on me anytime from early morning.
    Moved on from plants to predatory fishes, but still finding for inspiration for a 3ft planted tank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by chooz View Post
    I used to use a small Dymax HOF (about S$9 when I bought it) for a few years with my 18 litre tank. It worked fine with no breakdown for the few years (about 3 yrs) until I grew tire of it and upgraded to Eden501.

So to be fair, maybe you got a lemon set. Wish you better luck next time and happy fish/shrimp keeping!
    yea! my friend's one worked perfectly ! but not mine!

well GL people! expensive shrimps dont take risk