Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

how to trim or harvest??? java moss

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    had java moss on this driftwood for quite sometime liao, it had become too bushy, any idea how to trim it?? or must i took it all out and tie it all over again??

Can either use a pair of sharp sissors to snip the top layer off or just carefully pull them off...dun need to re-tie.

Better trim them periodically coz the underside of the moss will start to die off if it's too dense.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Can just cut away the top part and just slowly pull some of the java moss out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    TBI, I have java moss before when I first started off. I cut them when it grew too thick. On the hindsight I think that was a mistake unless you do not mind java moss growing everywhere in your tank.

When you cut the java moss in mass (that is, not strand-by-strand), some small cuttings will definite land somewhere inside your tank. They will start to grow. For my case I have hairgrass foreground. And even though I rid my main log of java >6months ago, I still can 'harvest' java-moss every week! As I am not intending to keep java-moss now, they are really a pest and is very difficult to rid.

I think the best way to harvest java-moss is to pull them one strand at a time. Make sure you give a light tug so that the whole mass will now come out at a go.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm can anyone spare me some java moss if they are harvesting theirs? thanks