SAE, Crossocheilus siamensis, adults have a tendency of chomping on Myriophyllum tuberculatum. I managed to get a few stems of the red Myriophyllum but had nowhere to hold them except in a tank which had a couple of 3 year old SAE; much to their delight and disquiet to myself, and steady reduction of the crown of the plants.

As a temporary measure I immediately covered the stems with the unused chimney of a oil lamp (which I thinking of using in another project) with a piece of nylon net fixed with rubber bands to keep the SAE from damaging the stems any further. This emergency measure allowed me to buy couple of days to construct a more roomy plant guard where I could multiply these stems to be finally transferred to tank under redressing (for which I have been acquiring some new plants).

Using four strips of 4" wide glass; I constructed a tubular structure. Drilled four 1.25inch holes, two near the bottom and two near the top. With the help of hot glue gun I lined the drilled holes so that some of the plastic was at both sides of the hole. Next I attached some snips of nylon net to the now cold lining of the holes with help of the glue gun.

I removed the chimney and covered the red myro with my new gadget. Seeing the red myro pearl inside the plant guard was a promise that this plant will remain available when I need it in their new home.