Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

How to trim glosso?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Despite strong light, my glosso still grow to 3-4 inches tall. Now I have given up the idea of keeping them as foreground but instead, mid ground for small tank.

How should I trim them if I just want them to remain at around 3-4 inches tall? Should I just cut those that have overgrown or should I unroot and replant?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    Stronger light means faster growth generally if you supply the needed nutrients.

I get nice slow managable Gloss growth with 1.7-2w/gal. More than this it turns into a weed I chase around the tank.

But you can trim it like hair, or at angles, like "textured" hair cutting for spiky gel hair styles removing some of the gloss but not so much as to make an eye sore. Also just trimming the errant runners as they appear. This takes work. I cut out pieces of sod about 2-3 cm cubes and let the remaining Gloss fill in.

You can replant but it takes about 2-3 weeks to fill in a again.

I have not been all that happy with the hair cut or sod methods, the constant picking and/or lower light helps much much better IME/IMO.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    At 1.7-2 wpg, won't the glosso grow tall?

My glosso is also going upwards despite the strong lighting I provide them.

Initially it was going well, then the whole foreground is almost fill up that the glosso start to grow taller and overlap each other. Wondering how to have the thick carpet look that Amano's tank have with glosso?