17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

2 FEET Newbie

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, just like to share my experience as a newbie in keeping plants and fishes all together. started last year december when gf and I stepped into this fish shop in amk central. decided to spend 70 bucks buying guppies, neons and nameless fishes. one feet tank, think smaller than that, small clinch at the back type filter, and some PLASTIC decros. that's about all. and i thought that i will live with it. But the guy at the LFS told me, YOU WILL BE BACK.

I was really back, ONE WEEK LATER.

this is what i end up with, not as pro. but at least some effort. haha. After that, comes this website/forum, which is a great great help for me.
    So it ended up improving.

After this, i thought i would want co2. but it was expensive, thus i bought it second handed. The plant started to grow.

Then comes by the fishes, i used to keep all kinds, as my gf calls it "united nation". But the LFS guy advise me to keep 1 or 2 types only, better view. Thus, after much consideration, i decided to go with "Bleeding Heart" and "prestella" as they do look alike in ways.

From then onwards, i really to enjoy seeing my fishes grow and my plants give out bubbles!
    Here are Some more pics of my tank.

MY fishes:

Thanks all for Viewing. Appreciate it if anyone would to comment and ways to improve it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 2 FEET Newbie

nice.may i knw the fish shop you.went
    Restarting this hobby.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Bro, Pls remove you puffer asap as it's not meant to be in the community tank, as you can see the barb and oto have their fins nipped already. I would think that most of you other fishes have their fin nipped by now.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi puffers have this natural instinct to nip so It is better to move them to a species only tank : )
    Cheers!
    griffinkid

Keeping | Nannostomus Eques, Pseudomugil furcatus, Sphaerichthys osphromenoides, Pseudepiplatys annulatus and Corydoras hastatus |

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

haa. thanks alot. but puffer is so small, really cant imagine that it will actually nip fins. thanks again for the info. and i'm going to rescape the tank soon. ahha

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ermm...think the corys will require sand and the pleco might grow too big for your tank
    The role of master and servant begin to cloud in the water..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

that dwarf puffer although small can kill or injure fish several times it own size ^^, The SAE will grow aggresive as it grows big and may uproot plants, pleco will outgrow ur tank eventually ^^
    Cheers,
    JJ

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The AMK shop is probably Pets Boutique, they do post regularly in the merchant's forum.

Plants looks nice but really have to change your fauna. Plecos and cories will disturb your substrate. Also, tank seems to be overstocked.

By the way, is your tank cycled?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You have a good set up for a newbie nice job done i c you have a pvc tube on the far right, thats for ur filter? what filter you use and your lighting?? so you bought everything including the fishes on the 1st day and they survived??!

Thats pretty amazing if you really did that, and ya, you have to take out your puffer asap before the damage is significant

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

thanks guys. yea the pvc pipes are for the filters. i learned alot thru u guys. i am going to change the scape and + chiller for the tank. will update on my new thread. thanks guys. anyway, anyone can advise me where can i find rummynose tetras? that would be deeply appreciated. thanks guys. and jiajuen900, u want my puffers? saw u got a pufer tank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jiajuen900 View Post
    that dwarf puffer although small can kill or injure fish several times it own size ^^, The SAE will grow aggresive as it grows big and may uproot plants, pleco will outgrow ur tank eventually ^^
    Concur on the puffer and pleco.

I do not agree on the SAE. Mine have never uprooted plants and I've not heard of them doing so. Perhaps they might uproot newly planted plants. I would call them boisterous rather than aggressive as they do not harm other fishes. Really fast at snatching food though.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yup, the puffer will definitely nip (although it looks SOOOOO INNOCENT!!!!)
    Cheers,
    Bernard
    Kept (no more ) Betta persephone, B. miniopinna, B. sp. palangkaraya, B. uberis, B. channoides, B. burdigala
    Pseudepiplatys annulatus, Nannostomus eques

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hmmm boisterous is a better word. Sorry.

ZackZhou: Uhmmm, probably no. Actually that that tanks is for one and only one male puffer. Yours looks like a male, so id rather not thanks ^^
    Cheers,
    JJ

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bro... i keep 1 pair of blue angel..... Sad to say i want to remove snail so i buy 1 puffer... i kept it with then tank that house the pair blue angle and within 3 days the beautiful fins with blue dots just got ripped and destroy!!! and now both my blue angle RIP....

do remove the puffer if you still want to keep other fishes and i hope other bros don't end up to my stage of losing fishes.

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

Haha, thanks guys. Me getting conned by the innocent looking Puffers! well, gettting started on the new scape real soon. Just came back from phuket with 11kg of rocks. I actually bought from there ( 15baht per KG ) LOL. well start a new thread once i decom this current tank and please advice me on the scape. Got back from the AMK central FS, the owner lend me an ADA book on the scape. i got most info i needed, but still need comments : ) thanks! hahaha

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

And just one more thing to ask from you guys, i planning to get a hc-150a at the cost of $300, too ex? With warranty. And can i just have it connected straight to my water pump in the overflow compartment?
    as in tank - overflow - media - water pump - chiller - water outlet - tank.

as i do happens to own a atman600 as well.
    another set up would be tank - overflow -media - water pump - water oulet - tank. with the atman and the chiller running in the over flow compartment only. as in it will cool the water in the over flow compartment and let the ehiem water pump do the filtration of the main tank.

One last thing! how do u guys actually measures rate of the water flow? that's all. thanks alot!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

rummynose can be bought @ c328 they always have those 15/30 in a packets for a very cheap price

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

the most accurate method is provided by ehiem newest model, they provide the operational flowrate reading...if you want to measure manually, you can get a bucket, know how much is it volume and then allow your filter to fill up the bucket and then time it, do some simple math caculation

i see that you are selling this tank whole set, upgrading liao ar??? hahahah

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

haha, not upgrading la. i buying a newwe shallower tank. detail setup plans and actual setup will be updated soon on a new thread. now i'm going all the lfs to plan for it. its would be 1.5ft tank with rasboras and crs. (temp)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackZhou View Post
    haha, not upgrading la. i buying a newwe shallower tank. detail setup plans and actual setup will be updated soon on a new thread. now i'm going all the lfs to plan for it. its would be 1.5ft tank with rasboras and crs. (temp)
    It's just such a poisonous thing right? Haha..
    Well, I would just like to give some comments about 1.5ft tank with CRS, might be better to go 2ft as better control with water perimeter but there are successful results from others with smaller tanks.. And if you are going into keeping CRS, just stick to Oto.. Other fishes might just eat up possible shrimplets.. Tested & proven..
    Go read up more on CRS keeping as there are much more things to monitor like ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, GH, PH, etc.. Tank must be cycled well too..
    钱不是问题!问题是。。。我没有钱。。。
    花钱像拉屎一样简单,赚钱像吃屎一样难。。。

http://alvinchan80.blog.fc2.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast