Country
    Singapore

2 Feet Newbie Second Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Tank: ANS OptiCube 60M (60x30x36cm)

Lighting: Aquazonic T5 4 x 24w (1 Osram 6500K tube, 1 ATI 10000K tube, 1 Accadia Plant Pro 10000K tube and 1 AquaZonic 12000K tube)

Filtration: Eheim Ecco 2034 (Eheim Mech & BioHome (red), ANS LilyPipe 13mm (in+out)

Chiller: Hailea 130A 1/15 HP, AnS Digital Thermometer

Co2: 2L Cylinder with ANS Solenoid, UP CO2 atomizer, ADA Drop Checker
    Substrate: MOSURA old Deep sea Mud, ADA Bacter 100, Clear Super, Tourmaline BC, Penac P, Penac W, Power Sand Special, Amazonia Aquasoil (Normal & Powder)

Hardscape: Will be using sedimentary rocks to pile up to form a mountain with small river(using africana soil) all the way to other side of the foreground.
    Flora : Glosso Mainly foreground, Xmas Moss. background still pending.

Fauna : High Grade Crs in future + mosquito Rasboras
    First Week: 50% water change everyday. ½ push of Brighty K + Step 1 + Flourish Nitrogen 2ml.
    Second Week: 50% alternate days. 1/3 push Brighty K + Step 1 + Flourish Nitrogen + Excel 2ml everyday.
    Third Week: 30% change every 3 days. . 1/3 push Brighty K + Step 1 + Flourish Nitrogen + Excel 2ml everyday. Send Algae Crew of 2 Yamatos + 5 ottos.
    Fourth Week: remain the same + send 2 grade A Crs Commandos to test water.
    Guys, all items bought already. Some are 1st handed, while some is bought from fellow forumers in AQ. Thanks all who have helped me in getting to know about equipment stuff. J
    Seniors please do advise me if there is anything wrong with the setup. As I will be only setting up this weekend. Don’t want to fail for this tank as all items seems of a quality.
    Last edited by ZackZhou; 8th Feb 2011 at 20:11.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 2 Feet Newbie Second Tank

you have almost all the good stuff but not necessary. i'll explain to you when you meet me. i will explain to you a new way of keeping planted tank without lots of hassle and cost you had spent so far. keeping high tech planted in SUPER low maintenance.

things such as NO MORE ->, EI, High lighting, dosing of ferts, media used in filter, cleaning atomizer or ceramic without taking out from your tank, etc etc etc.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Adrian, can teach the rest of us "new way of keeping planted tank without lots of hassle and cost you had spent so far. keeping high tech planted in SUPER low maintenance." methods too? I am sure many aq members want to learn it from an expert.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I am interested too. Adrian please share with us also.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

bro Zack, looking forward to your scape! You got a lot of power stuff! ADA 5 power powder still add old sea mud leh!

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Zack, any particular reason why this type of light arrangement "Lighting: Aquazonic T5 4 x 24w (1 Osram 6500K tube, 1 ATI 10000K tube, 1 Accadia Plant Pro 10000K tube and 1 AquaZonic 12000K tube)"?
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

6500k most resemble sunlight. so i assume it will be most beneficial to the plants, accadia 10000k i'm just giving a try as although its 10000k, its pinkish. i'll put both of them in the middle, with ATI and Aquazonic by the sides. both of them are really white although its 10000k too. that will benefit the WPG issue since i'm planting Glosso. Hope i'm right.
    Anyway i'm still on the testing stage. haha.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

my method is against most of what we had believed in the past till now. at this time i wont want this topic to becomes an argue topic as it will hurt LFS sales and many believer in AXA product etc etc etc. the method is proven to be effective and keeping our hobby at low cost and easy to maintain, cos there are people who had try it and is working well. especially like topic on algae, still many people do not understand where the algae comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanoob View Post
    Adrian, can teach the rest of us "new way of keeping planted tank without lots of hassle and cost you had spent so far. keeping high tech planted in SUPER low maintenance." methods too? I am sure many aq members want to learn it from an expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffteo View Post
    I am interested too. Adrian please share with us also.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    my method is against most of what we had believed in the past till now. at this time i wont want this topic to becomes an argue topic as it will hurt LFS sales and many believer in AXA product etc etc etc. the method is proven to be effective and keeping our hobby at low cost and easy to maintain, cos there are people who had try it and is working well. especially like topic on algae, still many people do not understand where the algae comes from.
    Adrian, you're "killing" us with the suspense! Just tell la!! I think even Zack will not mind you hijack his thread for that! Right Zack? haha.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

LOL. the topic is too wide, lets not disturb the thread starter. If you have chance to meet me, i will tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanoob View Post
    How's your lighting bar hanging thing going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by neverwalkalone View Post
    Adrian, you're "killing" us with the suspense! Just tell la!! I think even Zack will not mind you hijack his thread for that! Right Zack? haha.
    Last edited by blue33; 10th Feb 2011 at 16:12.

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

wait till i go over to your house later i'll see! hahaha

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

LOL. the topic is too wide, lets not disturb the thread starter. If you have chance to meet me, i will tell you.
    Why not start a new tread and share with us your method? I believe it's going to be a very long explaination with lots of debate from other members here, but alot of us would greatly benefit from your sharing.
    Admiring my Fishes calm the Beast within me

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

i guess i kinda know what you will be saying.. AxA hardcore fans will get angry!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius View Post
    Why not start a new tread and share with us your method? I believe it's going to be a very long explaination with lots of debate from other members here, but alot of us would greatly benefit from your sharing.
    Adrian, pressure is building up for you to start a separate thread on that topic! hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZ
    i guess i kinda know what you will be saying.. AxA hardcore fans will get angry!
    Looks like we already have other contributors to that much anticipated thread!!

ps. the light hanging fixture works great. Thanks for your help there!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by neverwalkalone View Post
    Adrian, pressure is building up for you to start a separate thread on that topic! hahaha!

Looks like we already have other contributors to that much anticipated thread!!

ps. the light hanging fixture works great. Thanks for your help there!
    haha.. maybe i am wrong, maybe blue33 bro got some new better methods..

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

evo, i think we 2 are talking about the same thing.

anyway, tank ready and planted. now waiting for it to grow out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Zack, post some photos to spread the poison leh...

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

Chill, haha. wait 1 or 2 more weeks