Country
    Malaysia

Plant ID needed

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All,

Recently i just got 1 plant from lfs, but i'm not sure which sp it is, i tried to checked over tropica.dk, but didn't get any recognizable.

Sorry for the blurred picture, will take again when i free. The plant got around 6 leaf on each part of the stalk.
    == Ngiam ==

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Plant ID needed

Are they Hygrophila Polysperma or from the Hygrophila family? You can compare them with the Google images. Another thing is how much did you pay for the plant. If it is below 2 gold coins, then it should be it.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Thanks, it got a bit similiar with Hygrophila sp, but to be sure, still need to re-check again first.
    Yeah, it is very cheap only.
    == Ngiam ==

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanoob View Post
    Are they Hygrophila Polysperma or from the Hygrophila family? You can compare them with the Google images. Another thing is how much did you pay for the plant. If it is below 2 gold coins, then it should be it.
    It should be "If it is below $2, then it should be it."
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

here's a better view of it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    == Ngiam ==

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I think your plant is not H. Polysperma but Didiplis Diandra. I copy the following picture from Mizu World and you can check it with your plant.

My 2 ft tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Hi Bro, thanks... Checking on it now.

Actually i do a comparison with the limnophila sp vietnam also, it got some similarities with it too, just that Limnophila sp seems to have a more thinner stalk. As for Didiplis Diandra, i checked the picture through tropika.dk it seems that the plant stalk was more towards to brownish than greenish as what mine looks like.
    == Ngiam ==

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I think the plant is still in emerge form. Wait a while for it to grow, then trim and see what's the new leaves to judge..