Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Miniature tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi bros...i'm thinking of setting up a mini tank which requires only lights. no filter. so before starting on it, i wanna get someinfo on u guys who have done this before.. the "tank" in mind is 15cm cube tank. actually its for flowers.. i've done a successful 1.5ft planted cube tank already, so wanna try new things. some questions i have is..

what kind of fishes to add in it which would stay the same size of around 1cm only.
    how to cycle the water..
    what type of plants needed(suitable) for this tank? prefered slow growing.
    thanks for any advice u've given!!
    Cheers,
    Fazdli
    (St George''s Rd)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i can only share my experience, no general rules. My most care-free tank is now a 20x10x10 cm tank (set up last Nov) with 9 Boraras maculata and unknown number of cherry, tiger, taiwan and malayan shrimp. I used a very thin <1 cm layer of lonestar gravel, covered with mosses, and java ferns/anubias attached to small driftwood. No equipment except a 11W PL light holder switched on for 11 hours daily. Daily moderaret feeding and 50% water change weekly. No algae problems. Just start off with a very few small shrimp or fish. Maybe you could use "old" water from other tanks to mature the mini tank also.

for mini fish, try microrasboras, boraras, pgymy gouramis, wild bettas, clown killies, liquorice gouramis.