Thread: Emergency Plant Sitter Needed

Feedback Score

Emergency Plant Sitter Needed

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Yo Planted Tank Brothers,

I need an urgent assistance from anyone of you. I have a 2FT Planted Tank with a Marimo Ball, Some Aponogeton Species, Nanas, log with Java Moss and Echinodorus Tenellus.

As I am LEAVING for Australia this SUNDAY Night flight 21 SEPTEMBER for a short stay for 11 days or so, and due to the recent fire scare, my mom wouldn't allow my Atman 36W x 2 PL tubes to be ON while we are away, I need some one to PLANT SIT my favourite Plants till I am back to collect them back from you.

Any kind Plant Sitter please Call me immediately at 90885318/65679135 or email : [email protected]

VINZ, wanted to ask you but lost your number?

Regards

Joachim

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Joachim,

Why don't you get an automatic timer and set your desired lighting hours on it? get it immediately and you can show your mum how it works. And try to explain that the lighting is a separate thing from those cases involving crappy filters.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Most of the time, They won't listen... When I left for tour, I have to shut down the power to the whole house!

when I told them normal day also can caught fire. their theory: They will be around to oversee the
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    JCS,
    Getting a plant sitter wouldn't be good idea.... I mean are you willing to trust just about anyone out there with the keys to your home.

Try your best to convince your mum to allow the filters and lights. In worst conditions, leave the filter on and off the lights. Just run an air pump and switch off the co2. Should be ok for 11 days.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    I don;t mean allowing people to come to my home,,,,yes I already have a timer,but my mom's orders are to off my lights before I leave for 10 days.

I am seeking someone who will have the the kindness to take my plants and look after them in THEIR HOMES and I will collect back from them 10 days later after I return.

REgards
    Joachim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Joachim, I emailed you my number already.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yo,

If you are staying near where I am staying (Jurong), I wouldn't mind doing that for you. Does that mean you have to carry your atman and light over to my place..?

Anyway, end of it all, you may have to shoulder my electrical bills...MUAHAHAHA (joking)

Cheers
    Vincent
    If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere. - Vincent Van Gogh

Feedback Score
    Thanks Planted Tank BUddies,

BUt I managed to convince my mom to let me on the lights 36 W x 2 E Ballast Atman Lights from NA for 5 hours a night? ANd TURNING ONE LIGHT ON only

Do you think my plants can survive??

She was previously afraid my Lights might burn BUT now another SCARE my CO2 tank Ai Yo!

However, there is a condition, I have to off my C02 tank ...guess I have to do with a DIY Co2

Btw, do you guys know if DIY CO2 give the same effect ( bubbling and growth ) as Canister Tanks

I am currently using a 5L JBJ soleniod Co2 tank from NA..running at 1 bubble per sec for my 2 FT Tank

I heard from NA owner that C02 Tanks can last for 9 mths for a 4 feet...which I use at 3 bubbles per Sec I think.

As I haven't been in the hobby for that long yet, wondering if you Lao Jiaos can tell me how long a 5 L can last? And I also know that CO2 has different Grades, FOOD, INDUSTRIAL and Medical. ONly the Medical and FOOD grade are suitable with the previous being too expensive for aquarium use.

What kind of tanks are you guys using?

Regards
    Joachim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Joachim,

That's should be ok... reduced light, ask your mum to feed less and reduce the liquid fert significantly.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 9/19/2003 12:56:01 PM

Joachim,

That's should be ok... reduced light, ask your mum to feed less and reduce the liquid fert significantly.
    ----------------
    THanks Vinz,

But my mom is coming with me!!..No one looking after the tank.

Btw, what Co2 tanks are u using?? and how long can they last for with reference to my previous post

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Joachim,

I'm using a 5L cylinder for my 6ft tank. Last 3 to 4 months I think. Lasted my 200L tank about a year.

p.s. Check your PM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/19/2003 3:34:41 PM

Joachim,

I'm using a 5L cylinder for my 6ft tank. Last 3 to 4 months I think. Lasted my 200L tank about a year.

p.s. Check your PM.

----------------
    For my case, my co2 for a 4ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft, 3bps lasted me for a good nine months. My cylinder is 5 litres as well...

Well, indeed carbon dioxide does come in many different grade, the best grade is of course medical grade, followed by food grade co2 and the lowest is industrial grade co2. The co2 grade is determined by purity of the co2 gas. As a rule of thumb, alway ask for food grade co2 and nothing else
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの