10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Help on glosso

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all bro... Need help on my glosso... My glosso keep growing upwards... How can I make it crawl???

My tank is 30x30x30 with aquazonic light at 6w/12000k each tube... I have double tube it the light case... I do co2 at 1 bubble per 5 sec...

What is the things I miss out and I should do... Please help...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help on glosso

Hi. If the glosso is growing up instead of creeping, the primary problem is that the lights are not bright enough. 2 x 6W for a 30" tank (assuming it's on "low" stands and only 3" or so above the water). I would suggest doubling it (24W) at least. Some may even go higher at 36W; but I think that's probably overkill. 12 000K is rather "blue", but probably fine; though I have not experimented with that high Kelvins; "typical" for planted tanks are 6500k - 10000k.

The 'side effect' of high lights is algae growth, so it's always a juggle between good (creeping) growth and algae control. The CO2 dosing would help somewhat in keeping the plants happy to take all the light and nutrients before the algae takes over. All the best!

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for the info bro... Think I shall go and purchase some tube and change it and see what is the outcome...

Now it's tall shall I trim off the top part and wait for it to grow new that creeps???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

trim the top part and see if it starts growing runners to crawl sideways. I also suggest you to up your CO2. Probably 1-2Bps