Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: What is the growth rate of neon tetras?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Exclamation What is the growth rate of neon tetras?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Just wondering what is the growth rate of neons

you see my neon are pretty small and 1 angel fish like to prey on them and indeed one got caught and eaten

you can look here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=1468df9d49 the last photo. I use a net to chase it so it spit out the neon...

so was wondering how fast they grow so that they can out grow my angelfish mouth

Rdgs

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What is the growth rate of neon tetras?

eh... i started keeping neon tetra so been reading stuff about it. based on internet research, their size is only about 2odd cm. i go to aqua star trading and the guy there showed me the LARGE size neon tetra also only less than 3cm. angelfish never seem to get off their tail from most people's sharing...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

ll after 10 days I am left with 2 neons instead of the starting 50 : ( hai... $10 gone hehe^^
    Romans 6:12-13. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

lol. it happens i guess. i'm hesitating to add sakura shrimps to my tank coz some sources say neon tetra eats them and some say not. sakura costing 5 for $8 at a nearby shop. scared later super heart pain...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

My Sakura is living happily with my neon tetras. Just provide them with lots of hiding space. Moss willbe a good plant for them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

that's what i read too. now waiting java moss to grow more before i decide to try adding the sakura. anyway is crc compatible with neon tetra while having all the moss then? crc seems really small though very pretty. any idea how much moss as hiding space be enough for sakura or crc?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

haha i just bought yamatos inside^^ the angels are scare of them hehe^^ so now the shrimps help me clear the shit at the btm
    Romans 6:12-13. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

angels scared of yamato? really?

is it coz the yamato running around very actively then spooked the angelfish? initially they really frighten my neon tetra. all gather at the top of the tank don't dare to swim towards the lower water where the yamato are more rampant. after a while they get used liao.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

There is no hard and fast rule on how fast your Neons will grow. Angels have always been known to feed on smaller fishes, when you least expect it. They will kill shrimps and basically anything that can fit in their mouths.. don't be fooled by the size of the mouth at first glance. It is extendable and they literally just suck the food in. You do not want to keep Angels with small tetras like Neons.

With Neons, feeding them with live foods or dried foods rich in protein, they will grow pretty fast. Regular water changes etc, also play a role, as does the environment they live in. My Cardinals were pretty small when I got them, now they are considered large in size, and pretty old too.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Haha,

Now the yamatos are at the top of the tank. I think the angels won the scaring battle haha!!

Just hopes they are ok after awhile.

Regards,
    Sherman