Country
    Singapore

Re: Why Horned Nerites are the best Algae cleaners

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovel View Post
    Tylos at pH 6.5??? I assume they up lorry already. Its best you keep them above pH 7.5. If they're still alive, I'm sure every sulawesi keeper here will be interested in where you get them from. Ramshorn snails can be kept in acidic waters, no problem. Green and red... hmm. Maybe you want to post a picture of it? I only know Orange tracked nerites.. could it be an apple snail? But picture better, dont want to assume anything haha.
    haha the keyword there's outlasted. 3 of them died overnight when my pH crashed to 6 for no apparent reason and I gave the last one away. Nope, ramshorns can't stay alive in my tank's current conditions and its definitely not an apple snail, it has horns. Will post pictures if my camera's still working ^^

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Why Horned Nerites are the best Algae cleaners

Hmm, my striped ramshorn was doing pretty well at ph 6, in fact too well that it kept shitting all over the place lol. Gave the pair to a bro here. I have a greenish yellow horn snail, but it turned back to original colours after awhile, pretty cool when they grow too, can clearly see the line between the new grown shell and old one. Anyone's horned nerite ever reach the size of those adult zebras?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456