Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help: Zebra Danio

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    help my zebra danio fish is looking weird... the body is pernamently curved to the left side from the middle down to the tail... however, it is swimming and eating normally... i never really notice but i believe that it had a straight body when i bought it. can some one help me identify the problem? thanks

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help: Zebra Danio

It could be that it's a female fish filled with eggs. Not sure though.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help: Zebra Danio

Sadly your zebra danio has Tuberculosis, where the fish becomes constipated, the spine curves and the colour fades. There has not been a way to cure this illness yet, most aquarists put it to sleep when faced with this problem. Do take note, tuberculosis infects humans as well, wash your hands after handling the infected fish. Some people say that you can cure it with anti-bacterial treatment and putting the infected fish in quarantine, which will have to be administered quite frequently over quite some time, that's why aquarists usually end the fish's sufferings. The illness will have reached the last stage by the time the symptoms are visible. By the way, is your aquarium overstocked? It is one possibility of the cause of the disease.