Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: brown stains on the glass panels.

Feedback Score

brown stains on the glass panels.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi,
    After the death of my 3 rainbow sharks[] brown stains start to appear on my glass panel inside my fish tank.. I think its algea. Then i bought 3 bronze cory hope to clear up the algea and clear up uneaten food..
    But its not working.. can anyone suggest a better idea to clear up those brown stains?

thanx!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It is algae... I used to have a lot of it in my cichlid tank. I reduced the lights from 2x36w (one of my newbie mistake) to 1x24W. The algae takes weeks to reappear now.

What's in your tank? Any plants? How many fishes? How often do you change water? What filter? Offer as much info as you think is relevant.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    hi,
    I have 3 bronze cory, 1 angel fish, 2 swordtail, 2 sunset gourami, 2 gold gourami and 6 tetras ( i am not sure about the name but all are ard 2-3cm) and a puffer.
    I have quite a numnber of plants at the each side of the tank but in the middle is 2 driftwood.
    My tank is a 3 feet tank with overhead filter. I change 20% of the water weekly and the wash the filter weekly also.
    The algea problem onli happen after i put my puffer in the tank. I think its becos the puffer ate up all the snails. Ya when i hav my rainbow sharks the aglea is not veri obvious. Do u tink i can solve the problem if i buy a rainbow shark again? or sum other algea eating fish or prawns?

thanx

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The pros in this forum would be able to solve your prob with chemistry but being the ah beng i am, I can only try to help by suggesting 1) lower lights, 2) feed less, 3) more plants, 4) try carbon dioxide input (good for ur plants, thus can drive the algae away as the plants suck up more nutrients in the water), 5) otoclinus (cheap and very hardworking fish), and finally 6) shave ur tank with a razor[]

BTW, if a filter media is washed weekly, does that mean that the BB is not as fully cultivated as it should be and thus too much nitrite and nutrients in water and thus algae?? hehe....just venturing out on a limb here and trying to squeeze in the word "nitrite" somewhere to look more cheem....

Cheers,

MetaSard