Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

need comments on my 3 ft tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Are my eyes failing me , do you have a pink light tube?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You may want to group the tonina together, they look better in a cluster.

You have a echinodorus sp right beside the aponogeton? You may want to give the echinodorus more space by shifting it leftward, but its going to be in the center...

You also have a number of swords on the left side, take note that they are all going to be quite big!!

The "java fern tree" looks interesting.

The mayaca(?) on the right and the stem plant on the left background will be hidden from (frontal)view by the swords soon.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    no pink lite only pl & fl (daylite)lite. Thanx lorba... we try make ammendments later...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I would shift the wood a bit more to the left or right side. Currently it's making the tank look too symmetrical for my liking. But overall, it's still a nice and wild tank.

oqs

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Maybe you can add a black background for your tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    chua: I know it's common to have coloured backdrop but to my opinion black substances absorb light and heat. that's why I leave it bare anyway thanx for the advice...

lorba: I spread the tonina to give a coconut tree look. if let say i group them up together, which part of the tank should i place them?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Where do you intend to place all your swords? IMO, the tonina will somehow look out of place with all the swords, when they are all grown. I think Stem plants are (only) attractive, when they are planted in groups. Examples are MMs, Rotalas, Hgrophilas, and of course Tonina. You may want to consider a Amazonia set up with mostly echinodorus sp and drift wood?

Anyway, if you are shifting the swords to the background, the tonina might find a place in the middle right midground?

Just curious why do you think black background is going to absorb light and affect the appearance of the tank? Plainly colored background helps to hide unsightly hose, wires and wall from the viewer, especially with your textured wall surface. Personally, I like black as its reflects better and gives the feeling of an unlimited spanse beyond.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe you can the wood to the left and changing the angle of it, like inclining it towards the front or something. Also, can try to grow some moss on it to make it look more natural.

the toninas as mentioned should be grouped together. you seem a bit confused between wanting a more garden look and a wild look because of that. so you may like to decide which style you prefer. Both can be very attractive, but i do think you tank as more potential going for the wild look given that you have echinodorus, ulvaceus and other large rosette plants which when large, can give an interesting and dense look to your tank.

nevertheless, still a pretty set-up with lots of potential when plants are more grown in months to come.
    ----------------------------

do not do to others what you will not want done to you!

be kind! =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Lorba: I agree to the fact backgrounds do keep unsightly cables, hoses and watever not from your sight. Maybe I should try it and if its to muy iking will stick to it....

Checkerbrd: the wood has already mosses on them. juz gonna wait a few weeks/months more b4 they fillind up the entire wood, that is if they grow well. when design this tank I was planing of planting heavy plantation on both side of the tank leaving a 'path' in the ctr making it look like a valley , but dunno how it ended up this way..hehehheh will try....