Images
    Country
    Singapore

How to use Amano stuff

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    suddenly feeling very rich, people got whole house full of branded goods, so my fish tank will also be full of branded Amano supplements

However, all the instructions in Japanese leh, saya tak tau. So need any brothers with experience to help...
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Bacter Ball

OK, the LFS suggest to plunge all 18 balls into a 2.5ft tank substrate.

Question, any practical tips on how to use this stuff? Should I push the balls all the way down into the base fert or in the gravel. Danger of overdose?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok, if you look in the amano catalogues you will see some pictures showing tank setup using amano stuff
    the bacter ball is most likely meant to speed up tank cycling by being placed in the substrate DURING the initial setup, not for subsequent use
    maybe you could find someone who knows japanese to translate the thing before you actually buy the items

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yah, actually I have a tank just set up couple days ago. Since the substrate is in place I couldn't use Bacter 100. Didn't anyone else use these stuff before? []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    save it for a new tank lor ^ ^

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I am new here, today being my 'birthday' to this forum
    I think I can help, if you want me to?
    I am using ADA thingie and has some copies of material for a number of their fertilisers in English. The problem is it is rather lenghty and how to get it to you? Arr....by fax, phone or if it is only one or two item i think can still summaries them to this forum.
    Let me know.

Feedback Score
    www.aquagoods.com the ADA online sites explains the stuffs in english.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/24/2002 1:46:37 PM

Hi,

I am new here, today being my 'birthday' to this forum
    I think I can help, if you want me to?
    I am using ADA thingie and has some copies of material for a number of their fertilisers in English. The problem is it is rather lenghty and how to get it to you? Arr....by fax, phone or if it is only one or two item i think can still summaries them to this forum.
    Let me know.

----------------
    Hi Jellydot, thanx for the offer.

I have Bacter Ball, Green Brighty Step 1 and Green Brighty Special Light. My has just been set up, trying to add more plants. I have plunge about 8 Bacter Balls into the substrate, since I didn't understand what the instruction was saying and heck, you can't overdose on bacteria right?

If you can help with the instructions for Step 1 and Special Light that'll be very helpful.

If it is too much to summarise perhaps faxing and I can summarise here.
    thanx again.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/25/2002 12:00:31 AM

www.aquagoods.com the ADA online sites explains the stuffs in english.
    ----------------
    setiardi, that website only says what the stuffs are for, doesn't give dosing instructions. Unless I miss some pages?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

O.k here it is
    Brighty Light features:
    Water plants can be divided into 2 species: the positive-reacting plants that favor sunlight and the negative -reacting plants. Because their leaves, roots movements and speed of growth are different, the amount of nutrinets and their absorption levels also differ. Green variethy special light is a liquid supplement for positive-reacting plants that require high level of nutrients. It is able to give the required nutrients to existing species of positive-reacting plants and provide sufficient supplements to plants that have high nutrients absorption level.
    Method of use:
    Please use this product for plants that require high lights
    20 liters of water to 1 cc of this product, ideally add little by little according to the requirement of the plants. adjust the amount according to the length and growth rate of the plants. In case of over dosing, quickly change the water in the tank.

My opinion:
    i have use this product before and be careful to dosage, if plants is not reacting to it adjust other condition like lights, CO2 and temperature. If not you will see more algae, heh heh heh.

Green variety Step 1:
    For newly set up tank from germination to 3 months after set up. It provides protection nutrints for the roots and leaves, and mild nutritious supplement to the plants during the germination stage. The roots will be quickened.
    Method of use;
    20 liters to 1 cc of this product. add slowly a little by little according to growth rate.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

BTW, where did you get you ADA supplies?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Jellydot, thanx for the product instruction, they are extremely helpful. BTW, how often should I dose?

I get my ADA stuff from GenX in Clementi (Blk 354 I think). Nature Aquarium has the ADA Journals but not sure if he has the materials or not.

thanx again.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I did my dosage every week during water change. so far so good. My opinion is use it with a dosage of Dennerle gold 7, because it has a ingredient that keep nutrients bonds free for our plants to take up. I has tried with and without Dennerle Gold 7 and with it the algae is better controlled and plants growth is good. Arr... of course assuming all other factors such as CO2, temperature and lighting are right. Anyway just my opinion.
    Happy planting.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/2/2002 5:31:29 PM

Hi,

I did my dosage every week during water change. so far so good. My opinion is use it with a dosage of Dennerle gold 7, because it has a ingredient that keep nutrients bonds free for our plants to take up. I has tried with and without Dennerle Gold 7 and with it the algae is better controlled and plants growth is good. Arr... of course assuming all other factors such as CO2, temperature and lighting are right. Anyway just my opinion.
    Happy planting.
    ----------------
    Have heard a lot about this Dennerle Gold 7. So you use Step 1 with Gold 7 on a weekly dose is that right? What about ADA Special Light, is it in conjunction with Step 1 or alternate?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi, have heard abt the dennerle gold 7 ... and have different versions of how to administer it ...

1) i drop the capsule in the water and let it dissolve itself

2) i open up the capsule and scatter the contents into the water?

3) i put the capsule into the substrate and leave it there

4) open to public

views?
    -Paw here-

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I am using Dennerle Gold 7 with ADA step 2, ADA Brighty K (potassium supplement), ADA Green Gain (stimulate growth), ADA Phyton Git (algae preventing) and ADA ECA (Efficient Complex Acid - an iron supplement). I have stop using light because it can really bloom algae if not careful.
    As for the usage of Dennerle Gold 7, I have its capsule open and sprinkle the powder when I am letting water in during weekly water change so that it mixed well.