Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

LH and Kois?!?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Went to Lor Halus during my lunch time and I saw this farm mixing LH and kois in a big blue tub.

LH and kois can live in peace? [:0]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Why not??? If both are of roughly equal size.

Actually, I don't see Luohans as fitting any other fish (both aesthetically and ecologically) since it doesn't exist in nature, and neither should it be given a place in nature (via releasing of unwanted luohans)

May I ask what you understand so far (from what friends and LFS tell you) about the compatibility of luohans with other fish? The cichlid family, with its thousands of species (not breeds, please note), exhibits a huge range of behavioural traits between and within species, just as there are some human beings who are so nice they can't recognise an insult if it was hurled at them, and others who should be leased like pit-bull terriers.

Why don't you try learning about or keeping the various other fish in the cichlid family to better understand their habits, preference and unique behaviour and colours? There is so much more variety out there apart from this one hybrid cichlid. And since many LFS are beginning to stock more species of medium to large cichlids again, it is surely a good time to explore further. If you take some time to look through the Cichlids Sub-forum on AQ, i am sure you can find something of interest and use.