Images
    Country
    Singapore

Canon avi to mpg

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    All of my avi video clips taken by my canon a40 camera can only be view from my digital cam and the supplied video impression sw. There is no way which i can sent it to anyone since there is no other software is able to read this avi format. Do anyone know how to converts avi file taken canon digital camera to other formats which can be view by any common video player software like MS media player? Thank in adv.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    that's very strange, my G5 produces standard AVI that can be played by any media player, including *gasp* Microsoft Windows Media Player! [:] I don't think Canon will go to the extend of producing a special "avi" encoding. Have you tried playing it on Quicktime or Media Player?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Try to download QuickTime media player. The MediaPlayer from Windows may not work, epseically if you have Win 95, Win 98.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have in fact use PowerDirector to edit the AVI (big setting) from the G5 into a an MPEG1/VCD "movie" which is still pretty good quality when played on the TV. Only drawback on the G5 is that you cannot change settings such as zoom after the recording has started, and each clip is limited to 3 minutes (regardless how much space you have on the CF). Audio is also quite reasonable, given that this is a digicam and not a videocam.

You can see some results here
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    G5 have 3 mins. Good already. My G1 only give 30 sec.
    But it is good enough for me to capture short juggling moves, which when played back repeatedly, looks great.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Most AVI files play well for Media Player. It's quite a universal format for Window OS. If not, try upgrading your Media Player by downloading the latest codec compression, it should be able to work.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think the Sony DSCs can record as much as the cards will hold, unfortunately they refuse to use CF.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    strange. All of the my video clip cannot be played on my company PC. I found a following link that discuss on this problem and tried some of their suggestion, still cannot. Maybe my company pc don't have quicktime. I think convert it to a more popular mpg format will be better.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...p?TopicID=2446

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    there's only one kind of MPEG format, the standard kind, although there is MPEG-1, 2 and 4.

In general we're talking about MPEG-1, the same format used in VCD.

Sounds like you have a PC problem, you need to tell us what the problem or error message is when you try to play it on your PC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/1/2003 12:11:19 PM

I think the Sony DSCs can record as much as the cards will hold, unfortunately they refuse to use CF.
    ----------------
    Quite a number of the newer DC's can film video for as long as the memory card will hold.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/1/2003 4:53:05 PM

strange. All of the my video clip cannot be played on my company PC. I found a following link that discuss on this problem and tried some of their suggestion, still cannot. Maybe my company pc don't have quicktime. I think convert it to a more popular mpg format will be better.
    ----------------
    PohSan, I think that either the software player is outdated, or not installed properly. I've no problem playing with many AVI files using WinMedia. Well, if you like, you can post the clip on the net for us to test it.

If not, there're quite a number of available software available for you to convert. Depending on how far you would like to explore, it could range from easier one like iMovie, to pro one like Premiere or Final Pro Cut, to those high end one like Avid.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dun think is my PC problem bcos I have no problem playing VCD or video clips sent by my friends.

I think although it is avi format, but different codec might produce diff avi format than cannot be read by another player. Don't know if I m right, but will try to find the answer and feedback to all of u. BTW, thank for all the kind advise.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    never have problems like you described. if you can't view the MPG files I posted with QuickTime or Media Player then you have a software problem. If you want to try AVI files I can send you some, produced by G5. give me your email.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sent my video clip to your email already. Hope that you don't mind about the size of the video. About 2.5MB