Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Altum Angels/Alenquer Cuipea Discus - where can we buy good batches of these beauty?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Altum Angels/Alenquer Cuipea Discus - where can we buy good batches of these beau

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Didn't know Fish Haven no longer deals with wilds.

I remember getting mine from them couple of years ago... what struck me was that unlike some other LFS which would be eager to dump their wilds to customers, FH actually refused to sell me one batch because they felt they were not stable yet, instead, i was directed to another batch which were already acclimatized and feeding on frozen daphnias.

Incidentally, I got 10 juvenile altums that time, 8 survived, 2 got 'eaten' by my overflow, quite sure they would have survived as well if not for that mishap.

Cheers
    - eric

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Altum Angels/Alenquer Cuipea Discus - where can we buy good batches of these beau

Hi Ronnie just side track a bit are you ronnie from the old plantnux forum and working in a lab dealing with dental stuff?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bossteck, yep back in the day FH was one of the good places to get altums, as they had good experience in quarantining them to be ready for sale. I was shocked to learn they were no longer dealing in wilds too. Seems like after I got my green discus from him 2 years ago, he decided to switch to focusing on Luohans instead. Real pity. Heckels that I got from him 3 years ago are still swimming in my tanks today! I got them from him 1 day after they landed after assuring him i knew how to do my own QT procedure hehe...like with you, he initially wanted to complete his own QT on them before selling them to me

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    I am part of the team. David here.
    Apologies to the original poster for further side-tracking but...

Hi David, thanks for setting the records straight. Nothing worse than propagating incorrect misinformation but do update us when details are ironed out and Biotope will once again play an active role in the hobby.

illumnae, I can't help but wonder what is causing the murkiness in your discus tank. Are you feeding live foods, pellets or a custom blend of beef heart? Bacterial bloom or ...??? [I had to ask!! ]

Chilla, wow... Plantnux is a name I've not heard in a long long time. Still maintain sporadic contact with some of the mailing list's ex-members. Yep, we're both the same Ronnie in the flesh and you are ...?

...and we return to our regularly scheduled program...
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I am Victor and I beleive you still remember me right spoke to Kenny about you the last time i visited his office.

Ok will not side track maybe we can arrange for a meet up around Choa Chu Kang area and sorry TS for side tracking.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yi Xiang, a million thanks for sharing all these with me and even calling me to share more. Will try to drop by C328 occasionally and have a look! Let you know if i am getting any, cheers!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill View Post

illumnae, I can't help but wonder what is causing the murkiness in your discus tank. Are you feeding live foods, pellets or a custom blend of beef heart? Bacterial bloom or ...??? [I had to ask!! ]
    Nah, it's the dust from unwashed SUDO bottom sand not being properly filtered out yet Couldn't be bothered to wash 10 bags worth of it so just dumped it in and slowly let the floss do the clearing

Quote Originally Posted by evilfry View Post
    Yi Xiang, a million thanks for sharing all these with me and even calling me to share more. Will try to drop by C328 occasionally and have a look! Let you know if i am getting any, cheers!
    No problem at all. It's great to see more dedicated wild discus keepers here. I hope that in time, importers will see the interest and start putting more effort into bringing better and better ones in!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Just a brief update James, Heiko Bleher has identified my discus as originating from the Alenquer....so you know that we can get beauties from this region locally and affordably

Feedback Score

Chilla, wow... Plantnux is a name I've not heard in a long long time. Still maintain sporadic contact with some of the mailing list's ex-members. Yep, we're both the same Ronnie in the flesh and you are ...?

...and we return to our regularly scheduled program...
    RonWill. Are you the Ronnie Killie that I know? Wet Finger too? hahah...Remember me? I was also in Plantnutx with Kenny the tooth slayer....
    performing dental jobs on customer's Luo Hans.....

BTW, I am also waiting for the wild caught altum season to start...hahah. cheers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Starting tomorrow

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    Starting tomorrow
    Thanks....bought already.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by lucasrock View Post
    RonWill. Are you the Ronnie Killie that I know? Wet Finger too?
    That's "WetFingers"... and both are yours truly!

I've always admired the gracefulness of a school of altums from afar. Do post pics after yours are settled down. Did you scaped an amazonian biotope for them?
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score

That's "WetFingers"... and both are yours truly!

I've always admired the gracefulness of a school of altums from afar. Do post pics after yours are settled down. Did you scaped an amazonian biotope for them?
    Haha....so far, I have only 11 altums that are about 50ct size (body).......mixed of wild caught and tank bred. I am currently looking to acquire a 5 1/2 ft tank to house them. But i bet they will be totally lost...

What does an amazonian biotope looks like for the altums? just a mess of branchy driftwoods with some echinodorus?? hahaha

BTW....no field reports from HCM city trip?? Did Edwin pass you the Gel ??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

For bros that are interested in Altums, just saw them at C328 yesterday. Also I think NKS is selling them too. Usually packed in 4 to 5 pcs. it is quite small. I just bgt a bag of 5 pcs and now in the quarantine tank. fingers crossed.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Here are some lousy shots of some of the blue discus I have in my tank which were taken a month or so back (so missing some of the latest additions). You can't really see the extent of red due to the bad lighting and murky water, but you definitely can see traces of it in all of them. they all cost less than 1/4 of the shipped price from Hudson. When I first got them, comparing the fish to pictures from Heiko Bleher's discus book, they look like they're either from the Alenquer or Nhamunda - both regions with reportedly red discus.

OMG! love the setup especially the wood~ can PM me where you bought those from? thanks!!
    Last edited by icefire; 12th Jul 2011 at 18:44. Reason: spelling error :P
    Too much of a fish SIAO to quit fish keeping/fishing..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Dredging up an old thread, but for interested parties, I've heard that premium Alenquer discus from Hudson should be hitting our shores soon The fish should include some from the very desired Cuipeua as well as the Lago Grande do Curai - both lakes in the Alenquer region in Brazil. Keep your eyes peeled

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Dredging up an old thread, but for interested parties, I've heard that premium Alenquer discus from Hudson should be hitting our shores soon The fish should include some from the very desired Cuipeua as well as the Lago Grande do Curai - both lakes in the Alenquer region in Brazil. Keep your eyes peeled
    Which are the LFS that will be bringing them in? In other words, where can we possibly see and buy them locally?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Keep your eyes peeled in the commercial section. Best for the lfs to announce themselves

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

JZX announced their partnership with Hudson of H&k Ornamental fish(Brazil).

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...714#post636714
    My fish list:
    BEC, L14, L27c goldline, L27d goldline thunder, L27 xingu platinum, L47, L90a, L160, L190, L200A, L239, L255, L330, L418,
    Steatocranus casuarius, Hyphessobrycon erythrostigma, Hyphessobrycon sp. White Fin, Puntius denisonii, Hyphessobrycon columbianus, Hemigrammus rythrozonus,
    Satanoperca Daemon, Geophagus sp. ‘tapajós red head’, Geophagus steindachneri

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

nice combination of the discus and the child

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast