Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weeee..... I have annulatus again!!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Re: Weeee..... I have annulatus again!!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Congrats. Post some pics up?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mlgt View Post
    Post some pics up?
    Pics of ...??

Ricky, if you're referring to the ANN's setup, it's similar to something I did before; shallow-longish or round plastic containers, very aged water teeming with microscopic organisms, base full of mulm and detritus, lots of moss and floaters, live food (tubifex and daphnia) plus finely crushed flakes, tonnes of TLC and a pair of bi-focaled peeping eyes!!

Much have been said regarding Pseudepiplatys annulatus in this thread. Some links might be dead but still, it's a good read.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Andy,

If you are ordering eggs of Aphyosemion species, I would love to chip in and share the cost, if this is ok with you.

Rgds,
    Richard

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sure Richard, I will tell you when they auction those long finned Aph species in Aquabid again. Last time I lost the bidding coz I suppose those species I am after are rare ones. I hope you can pass me a way to contact you in case.
    Who needs a TV set when you have a planted tank full of killies? - Andy

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Ron, I am eyeing on those long finned Aph like the Australes and fancy Simp ones. I know they are hard the keep but this is my hobby. I also use them for decorating my place so I get my kids and family to enjoy my tanks. Sadly lost the last bidding in Aquabid, they rarely auction fancy Aphyosemions. I dont plan to buy eggs of Australes, a bro in this forum selling them to me as adults. But I am still thinking where to set it up. My place, my wife wont let me set up another tank until we move to the new place. My office, I cannot feed them on Saturday and Sunday and holidays.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh are you referring to Chromaphyosemions? They may need lower temperatures (<25 degrees).
    Cheers,
    Bernard
    Kept (no more ) Betta persephone, B. miniopinna, B. sp. palangkaraya, B. uberis, B. channoides, B. burdigala
    Pseudepiplatys annulatus, Nannostomus eques

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Andy,

Thanks for letting me join in your venture! My email: [email protected]

Rgds,
    Richard

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Emokidz View Post
    ... Chromaphyosemions? They may need lower temperatures (<25 degrees).
    Ben, most Chroms do ok with our weather using evaporative method, eg. fan cooling. For breeding, sub-26°C is essential.
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by daguldfisher View Post
    I am eyeing on those long finned Aph like the Australes and fancy Simp ones

Last time I lost the bidding coz I suppose those species I am after are rare ones
    Specifically which? Names/populations/links? I have an itch to scratch too, you know...
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hehe had to check for the names of those killies first. I like those in chroma group of aphyosemions. Since I saw them in aquabid I keep on waiting for them. But very expensive though. 12 eggs no guarrantee or whatsoever for around 40 bucks before. Now considering the info I got about shipping these non-annuals, I am wondring how much chnace I have to raise and breed them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Andy, see if you can arrange with the seller for non-annual eggs to be shipped in breather/breathing bags and water-packed with a tinge of malachite green and/or methylene blue. The control of bacteria and insurance of fry hatching en-route (while in water) greatly increases your chances. Of course prices won't be cheap but let's not beat a dead horse.

Also, be prepared to have small foods for tiny mouths. Nothing is more painful than getting living fry of what you wanted and losing them to starvation.
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Does anybody here have those chromaphyosemions? Because I dont really trust buying the eggs overseas specially with the warnings I have been reading lately.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I found a new entry in aquabid, aph chroma volcanum. The guy selling 100 eggs for 25 euros with shipping. But he does not give any warranty and no info on packaging. Dont know if worth a try.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

A good indication is to look at the person's number of past transactions and ratings on the dealer. The more popular killie breeders on Aquabid are usually reliable.
    Cheers,
    Bernard
    Kept (no more ) Betta persephone, B. miniopinna, B. sp. palangkaraya, B. uberis, B. channoides, B. burdigala
    Pseudepiplatys annulatus, Nannostomus eques

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

100 eggs of volcanum may seem like a good deal, but you can lose everything if the seller packs it badly. One thing I have learnt is that a person's feedback is not an indicator of their reliability as a seller, especially on Aquabid. Always check the exchange rate to get a rough idea of how much to pay. If you are trying to keep Chromaphyosemion, do some research beforehand, as highland Chrom. do not do well in our local climate. To date I think only Chrom. bitaeniatum and splendopleure (lowland populations) are capable of withstanding our weather.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Ron, that is a good news that the ANNs are breeding already.
    The ANNs from Green Chapter look different, the Anal fin got this Red tint, the one I passed is Black.
    Sms me when you need the GW again.

Eric
    Eric Yeo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hey Eric, many thanks in advance on the GW. Have another starter culture pending collection from JianYang but will SMS if I need help with these buggers again. ANN fry are still with the main group and doing OK.

Ya, both lines of ANNs are different and have a little over 20 from GC's tank, mixed sexes of course. As usual, I practice keeping both lines separate and hypothetically, it'd be interesting to see what may arise from the combination of both but presently really don't have the time to experiment. If you have the space, I can pass you a few trios of GC ANNs to play with.

Not being able to maintain as many tanks as before, it's prudent to be more selective in what I really desire to keep. No prizes for guessing correct but I'll be setting aside two 2ft tanks for just the Monrovia alone... whenever that may happen and hopefully, I do not hit 80 by then!!!
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score

Hi all,

Hadn't had a chance to visit for a bit.

Non-annuals don't work as the fry can't take the heat and very often so can't the eggs. The annuals also respond the heat but fair much better. It doesn't have anything to do with posting. If anything, the fast postal time counts in ones favour.

Those of you interested in eggs please email me. I don't have eggs of the constanciae right now but I do have of the rachovii and ruudwildekampi Mbezi River TZN 09-8 (these are lovely!).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Anybody knows how to contact richardkwan as i am planning to buy from aquabid member. Please ask him to contact me at 92289073 as I cannot pm him.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWill View Post
    Hey Eric, many thanks in advance on the GW. Have another starter culture pending collection from JianYang but will SMS if I need help with these buggers again. ANN fry are still with the main group and doing OK.

Ya, both lines of ANNs are different and have a little over 20 from GC's tank, mixed sexes of course. As usual, I practice keeping both lines separate and hypothetically, it'd be interesting to see what may arise from the combination of both but presently really don't have the time to experiment. If you have the space, I can pass you a few trios of GC ANNs to play with.

Not being able to maintain as many tanks as before, it's prudent to be more selective in what I really desire to keep. No prizes for guessing correct but I'll be setting aside two 2ft tanks for just the Monrovia alone... whenever that may happen and hopefully, I do not hit 80 by then!!!
    I believe I know where you are getting them. I am also waiting for him for my Malende. When are you meeting up with him. Mind if I tag along if time permits?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast