Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback for Marketplace layout

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Mods, AQ has been a fantastic forum for enthusiasts and hobbyists like us.

Just want to give some feedback on the marketplace layout for personal ads.

I feel that the separation of Selling and Buying Ads into 2 different subforums impede the facilitation of efficient trading and exchanges between forum members. AQ is of course not meant to be a ground for buy/sell, but most members have enjoyed the benefits of exchanges over the marketplace. I think that the older version of AQ where WTB/WTS combined together produces better efficiency like other forums. Currently for example, if Tom wants to sell an item, he will just post under Selling ads. Tom might not go to another subforum, WTB, to check. If Peter wants to buy an item, he goes to Selling ads. Putting in Buying ads which not much members visit will not yield much results. Hence the WTB subforum is rendered nugatory. It is usually easier to search for items under the selling subforum than putting it up in WTB.

Personally, I think that by combining WTS/WTB like before makes it easier for members to see each other's needs and facilitate better exchanges

Just a feedback thanks!

Ben

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Feedback for Marketplace layout

Thank you Ben for your input

The reason for the splitting of the marketplace into 2 categories was simply due to feedback from members that threads are more difficult to find.
    With the current system, members can better navigator through the marketplace (either WTS or WTB). Buyers or sellers can easily find the things they are looking for as well.

We appreciate your feedback and will monitor situation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

No problem just my 2 cents.. Hahah and also my bad. Didn't know that it was made like this because of previous feedback!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Ben & Simon,

I think it is a good suggestion.
    Kudos for suggesting.

P.s: love the current way the wts/give Is done.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes I agree with Bro Felix. The current WTS/G is much better than the old one in terms of clarity especially the forms part.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

But I cannot post want to trade unless I use want to sell follow by key in the word trade.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminong88 View Post
    No problem just my 2 cents.. Hahah and also my bad. Didn't know that it was made like this because of previous feedback!
    Ain't no one's fault, when we made changes to the forum, we usually do so because of a certain reason. We can't possibly meet everyone's wants and needs, so we would adopt the way which we feel works most logically and hope everyone can accept that change.

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Hi Ben & Simon,

I think it is a good suggestion.
    Kudos for suggesting.

P.s: love the current way the wts/give Is done.
    I don't, because I hardly use the marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    But I cannot post want to trade unless I use want to sell follow by key in the word trade.
    David, sometimes there are limitations to the forum software. Need for Vinz to comment on the issue highlighted.

Being around for almost 10years (this dec, would be AQ's 10th Anniversary), the forum have gone through many changes.
    IIRC, this is the 3rd forum software. Through the many years, management of the forum have gone through many hands and only in recent years, through the hardwork put to simplified and ease the administrating of the forum by both Benny and Vinz. We still depend alot of the end users for feedbacks and suggestion.

You probably have heard this many times, but as a non commercial related forum run by hobbyist whom wishes only to provide through our own pockets, a common platform for like minded hobbyist. Administrating a forum is hard work, apart from our work and family life, the moderators have to allocated some free time to administrate and moderate the forum. Although I have to admit that replies by us get alittle behind at times, but we will get back to your thread as soon as possible .

so to all, please keep the suggestion coming in. We understand that everyone want a better place, but we also need to work with what we have and what we can and cannot do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ain't no one's fault, when we made changes to the forum, we usually do so because of a certain reason. We can't possibly meet everyone's wants and needs, so we would adopt the way which we feel works most logically and hope everyone can accept that change.

I don't, because I hardly use the marketplace

David, sometimes there are limitations to the forum software. Need for Vinz to comment on the issue highlighted.

Being around for almost 10years (this dec, would be AQ's 10th Anniversary), the forum have gone through many changes.
    IIRC, this is the 3rd forum software. Through the many years, management of the forum have gone through many hands and only in recent years, through the hardwork put to simplified and ease the administrating of the forum by both Benny and Vinz. We still depend alot of the end users for feedbacks and suggestion.

You probably have heard this many times, but as a non commercial related forum run by hobbyist whom wishes only to provide through our own pockets, a common platform for like minded hobbyist. Administrating a forum is hard work, apart from our work and family life, the moderators have to allocated some free time to administrate and moderate the forum. Although I have to admit that replies by us get alittle behind at times, but we will get back to your thread as soon as possible .

so to all, please keep the suggestion coming in. We understand that everyone want a better place, but we also need to work with what we have and what we can and cannot do.
    Agree. Thanks for the effort in keeping up AQ which is the best community especially for planted.

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Simon,

I do think that aq is highly efficient in doing/carrying out things. Really appreciate it as there are hard work put in simply because you do not get much benefits in return for administering, except back to the fundamental joy of sharing/passing on the knowledge. Thanks.

By the way, wondering if there is any special gatherings/events for aq's 10th anniversary? Haha
    Zack

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Simon, actually AQ is consider very good already, no problems in some little bad areas.

Cheers and really job well done.