Thread: "Pls kindly Advise me"

me@aquaticquotient Guest/Not Logged In

"Pls kindly Advise me"

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

My 3ft tank is juz 1mth old. Filter: Eheim 2026 wif Ehfilava, Ehfimech & EhfiSubtrat Pro. On last Mon i did some rescape then washed my filter medias & Eheim 2026 wif tank water(not tap water), also did a 30% change of water. But when i am back home today after my oversea trip, water is still as cloudy as 5 days before i left.

Can someone tell me why is this so? Is it harmful to e livestocks(checked & there's no livestocks's death)? What should i do now?

P.S. Co2 & Lights are automated by Timer. No Feeding these 5 days during my absence. Weekly dosing of nutrients as usual after water change.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm also using 2026 in my 2.5 ft tank, but I never have this problem. My tank usually clears up within 1-2 hours after clouding.

You might want to check 2 things.

1. The ceramic rings are below the crushed stones. The ceramic rings are mechanical filter while the crushed stones are biological, so the order should be as such. HOWEVER, I doubt this will have a huge impact even if the order is wrong.

2. Check the valve near the inlet/outlet. That can be adjusted to control the flow rate. You might have set it too low. Push it down all the way to increase the flow rate. Pull to decrease.
    Cheers
    Boon Yong

Hi Boon Yong,

1st & foremost, tks for helping me out.

Pertaining to your Ans 1: All Eheim's filter medium in correct order since e 1st day i got them. This is e 2nd time i washed them. 1st time round nohting like this happened.

2. As for e valve, it's set at the same as before, as i did have a water-proof arrow paste on it to indicate the adjustment should be there after washing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Do check the piping itself too. I once had a problem with slow flowrate when the piping was squashed without my knowledge after shifting.

Can't really think of what else could be the problem. Can't be of much help, pai seh...
    Cheers
    Boon Yong

Boon Yong,

Dun be paiseh...at least you are kind to share wif me your experience & alert me....checked everything is fine everytime after wash when putting them in place. Still dunno what's wrong too??? []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    BoonYong,

Congrats! Baby boy born on Thurs and still have time helping folks in forum Don't have to be paiseh lah ..
    ckchua