Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi i,m new here. would like to join u guy out there.

i staying in tiong bahru. i have

1. 4ft planted with around 120 cardinal, 4 rummy nose, around 60 cory, two exotic pleco, 5 otto, 10 SAE, 50 malayan shrime and 4 snails ( had ordered 50 more rummy, collecting this evening ). izzit over stock????????
    2. 4ft with 4 luohan
    3. 2ft with 9 killi ( 2 died this morning ), 6 exotic pleco ( 1 died this morning )and 2 farlowella. i think the water something wrong. now monitoring closely.
    4. 2ft with 3 piranha ( oop, sorry it is pacu )

sound like stock take huh.

so far after reading thru the threat, simon staying nearest to my place. maybe can drink kopi with him once of these days. simon hor? heeeee.
    []
    Koh

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yes, lsz oso nearby... i think yr 4ft way too many fishes

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi there,
    I am Samuel Lee 30yo, live in Sengkang work in aviation industry, currently have a 2x1.5ft planted tank and african chichilds tank, still very new to this hobby. Other hobbies are reading and off shore fishing especially big game for marlin and huge pelagics.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yes simon, i agree with u. but for my eye pleasure and space n $$$ constraint, i take the risk. fortunately, till now nothing happened. on sunday itself, i added 50 more rummy. heeeeeeeeee..... ( 3died the next morning). touch wood until this morning no deed bodies found. therefore, i assume everything is fine. i told myself no more fish to add to that tank. (i said that many time oreadi! heeeeee......) [] just cant stop buying fish.
    Koh

Feedback Score
    Hi all;
    Lis from Ireland -
    34 but 6 at heart
    1 - 4ft community tank
    1 - 3ft Cichlid
    3 - 2ft - Gold fish; platties guppies; firemouth and his pal gourami
    1 - 1.5ft - baby whatevers at moment mollies
    1 - 15 ltr for my male betta.

With wonderful dreams and hopes that I can fill the house with more and more and more

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    Anyone dive lovers out there? perhaps we can organize a forumers' trip.
    ----------------
    moi ! []. forumers' trip ! sure ! why not ! I'm thinking of planning one in either late March or early April 2003 to Pulau Redang. For those who are keen in taking up diving , do a refresher course !, upgrading diving courses, U/water Photography etc . I can make the arrangement ! Cheers !.

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Henry is my name.
    Staying in AMK Ave 3
    Currently with one 2ft tank.
    Keeping cardinals, cory, sae and bolivian rams.

Hoping to go into Apisto.
    Still waiting to get one i like.
    Henry aka joopsg
    Current tank: 1 4 tier 3ft fish rack
    Livestock: WC Ivanacara Adoketa, WC Apistogramma Kelleri 'Red Cheeks', A , WC Apistogramma Mendezi, WC Apistogramma Cruziero, WC Apistogramma Elizabethae and WC Biotoecus Operularis.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm not really new here, and I have intro-ed myself in the past... anyhow this thread is new and I've been away from AQ for some time, so here it is.

My name is Allen and I'm an Engineer working with Flextronics Design... basically I'm working on handphone designs. As for my family, I'm married with one daughter (1 year old - and the reason my tanks got overrun by algae) (Hey I've got to blame someone [] [] [])

At Home, 2 tanks

5ft (approx 80G) - Planted Tank, still undergoing a major overhaul. Spent weeks ripping out most of the algae-fied plants, and is currently stabilizing. Mostly cardinals, gouramis and shrimps in this tank. Also waiting to add 10 more glass catfishes which are currently in quaranteen). Will post a pic when its more presentable.

2.5ft (approx 25G) - Very lightly planted tank... this is sort of an overflow tank which houses a wierd assortment of fishes - 2 Rams, 2 yo yo loaches, 3 guppies (the remnant of a previous era), 2 white cloud minnows (also a remnant), 5 marble hatchets, and 4 SAEs (which I'm thinking of giving away)
    []

ok thats it!
    Allen

Feedback Score

Hi all,
    New here. Living in Compassvale Street (Seng Kang).
    Animal lover. Have 5 fish tanks at home, consisting of:
    1xplanted (live-bearers, platies, mollies, guppies with some corrys and siamese flying foxes)
    1xLuoHan
    1xParrot (4 of them,now with 1 small Luo Han)
    1xDiscus (5 Discus + 8 Neon Tetras)
    1xbreeding tank (now occupied by live-bearer babies)

Watching my fishes gives me a sense of calmness and focus.
    Hope to post more here soon!

Feedback Score
    Hello,

I'm Joo from KL. Currently have err ... let me see ...

1) 1 4ft planted tank with discuses, SAE, ottos, cories, yamatos & malayan shrimps, and cardinal & green neon tetras.

2) 1 3ft planted tank with japanese & chinese fire-bellied newts, pygmies aquatic & african clawed frogs, rainbow, SAE and neon tetras.

3) 1 2.5 ft planted tank with all sort of community fishes.

4) 1 2.5 ft tank with bullfrog, pig nosed turtle and gobies.

5) 1 4ft & 2 3ft outdoor fibreglass tanks fully planted with emersed aquatic plants.

6) 1 3 ft fibreglass tank for red eared slider

7) 1 2 ft tank for baby star tortoises

6 more about 2ft wide containers with aquatic plants and lotus & water lilies.

9) 1 small tank for crocodile newts

10) 1 big and 2 small containers for brown and golden apple snails propagation

11) finally another area for my i. elongata tortoise

Basically I'm like keeping an ark of all the aquatic plants i come across in the lfs . Not including any of my cats or dogs here ....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all![]
    the name's zul.
    at the moment, no tanks!lol
    preparing for a 6 feet built in tank for my house coming next year.
    currently experimenting with my old man's 2 feet tank
    met two sifus the other day at pet safari during the forum, vinz and bfg.
    great to know you guys
    hope to learn from all you gurus, sifus out there

other hobbies: arowanas, soccer, fishing, billiards(banned nowadays by my other half)

Feedback Score
    Hi all,

I'm Joseph I just started my Tank a couple of weeks ago. So far so good and thinkng of buying another 2ft tank to put inside my room.[] I'm working as a webdesigner from one of the bank's here in Singapore.

Feedback Score
    Country
    India
    Hello,

I am Madan. I live in Bangalore, India. I have been in the planted tank hobby for almost 5 years. I have had a reasonable measure of success only in the last 3 years.

I have 4 planted tanks now. 2 redone recently and waiting for surprises.

In real life I work as a Chief Engineer on Crude Oil Tankers. I am away for 6 months each year from home. My wife takes care of my tanks when I am away.
    Discussing planted tank problems via Long distance satellite calls do cost a lot !!!. No disasters yet.

My tanks have a fair amount of automation ( most of them DIY - I am a firm believer in Murphy's Laws ) in order not to tax my wife too much. All she has to do is a 50% water change every week. Prune plants as needed. Dose PMDD + other things daily. Feed the fish. She spends 10 minutes a day in front of the tanks and about an hour each week changing water. If she finds something wrong ( when she does it - it's ususally my children who point it out to her ) she waits for my call.

To be fair to her she does a wonderful job.

I haven't lost a single variety of the 55 odd varieties of aquatic plants that I have in 3 years. Yes some of them may take off at the cost of the others but never lost any aquatic plant so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Madan Subramanian
    Bangalore, India.

Feedback Score
    hi , my name is Jeremy . 20 this year , staying at lorong chuan.

currently jobless and waiting for NS . any one with a part time job pls pm me ^^

set up my first planted 2ft tank on dec 07 2002. use to keep a pearl arowana until it grew to abt 60 cm. had to give it away becoz move house.

intend to slowly progress in this wonderful hobby and hope to own a 6ft or 4 ft planted tank when i move out of my parents house(if not becoz of parent i would have a 3ft tank instead of a 2 ft tank). but have to find job first ^^

want to also say thank you to all who have help me in my hobby . ppl like vinz, and sherwin , thx []
    here fishy fish fishy . here shirmpy shirmpy here is my noobie tank(3wk)

Feedback Score
    hi , my name is Jeremy . 20 this year , staying at lorong chuan.

currently jobless and waiting for NS . any one with a part time job pls pm me ^^

set up my first planted 2ft tank on dec 07 2002. use to keep a pearl arowana until it grew to abt 60 cm. had to give it away becoz move house.

intend to slowly progress in this wonderful hobby and hope to own a 6ft or 4 ft planted tank when i move out of my parents house(if not becoz of parent i would have a 3ft tank instead of a 2 ft tank). but have to find job first ^^

want to also say thank you to all who have help me in my hobby . ppl like vinz, and sherchoo , thx []
    here fishy fish fishy . here shirmpy shirmpy here is my noobie tank(3wk)

Feedback Score
    hi guys
    my name is adip
    imm living in the city of bangalore ,india
    i have
    4 planted tanks and 16 bare tank
    breed many fish
    its just a hobby and imm enjoying it
    ive bred corys, golden panchax,kribs,fighters,goldfish,barbs .
    i have about a dozen or 2 varities of plants.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all

Intro time. I'm Kelvin and live in Serangoon Gardens. I work in the IT industry doing system integration work.

Very new to planted tanks(3 months to be exact). Kept fishes from young but never into any depth e.g.fish die = replace fish, water low = add water, plants die = add plastic plants, fish lose weight = feed fish...... However, I did keep alot of fighting fishes in the early '70s which I often took for money fights aka Mike Tyson style(not legal nor practised today).

Currently have 1 2x4 outdoor pond with a few hundred LH frys(birth control problem), 2 2x2 (1 planted & 1 with LH), 1 3x2 planted. Planning for 1 8x2.5 planted to built after Chinese New Year.

Hobbies besides tanks are golf, reading and cars.

Welcome any advise for newbie like myself and normally available for meet up.

Rgds,Kelvin

Feedback Score
    Hi, Nicholas here, and i'm 17...
    I own two 2 feet tanks and one 1 feet tank,

One hasn't been set up yet and the other 2 is housing water sprite, java moss, and algae, and i'm in the process of setting up a new one now (2 feet).This thread is old, but since its still here, i suppose i might as well introduce myself. Been experimenting with plants and i hope to create one thats decent enough to post a picture of it here.

What can i say..hmm... well, i listen to ska and i absolutely love it, i play bass, i cycle occasionally and i collect junk/knick knacks.
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    my location is singapore,stay at bedok area...age 22, m!!!!
    i like fish....(frsh water fish...)

Now i own 2ft tank....guppy ,neon tetra...(plus small baby guppy hehehe)[]
    <<<Nature(BEDOK AREA)
    Hp:91465830(sms)
    ICQ..(176965177)
    My mail([email protected]>>>

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hello gang,

Hua YuZheng here. staying in Serangoon North. i have two 2 feet tanks. one is high light with a variety of plants. the other is low light with only nanas.

i have been keeping planted tanks for only 2 plus years. still learning... in NS now but ORDing on 3 of August 2003.

wahboy

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast