1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Xmant's Pico Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My 26 days old 10 litres pico tank. Lost 1 yellow striped maroon clown fish when I tried to pair them up.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Xmant's Pico Tank

Finding NEMO.. Very beautifully setup..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think that the maroon clown will be very fierce, may attack your other 2 clowns in such a small tank. Better to pair 2 normal clown fishes with something else.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hello . into marine now? hehehe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by koolman View Post
    Finding NEMO.. Very beautifully setup..
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cdckjn View Post
    I think that the maroon clown will be very fierce, may attack your other 2 clowns in such a small tank. Better to pair 2 normal clown fishes with something else.
    Understood of what you have meant. Still thinking of what should I do next.

Quote Originally Posted by hellomyfriend View Post
    Hello . into marine now? hehehe
    Yup. Still have my freshwater shrimps with me.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

very nice. recently saw a friend setup a 1ft cube tank also, very nice. feel the urge to build one

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    very nice. recently saw a friend setup a 1ft cube tank also, very nice. feel the urge to build one
    Welcome on board and enjoy the marine setup.

I am new to marine set up too, many things to be learnt. Learning is fun and enjoy at one expense which we know it as hobby. The tank that I am using is 1ft GEX tank: rectangular in shape, the smallest size.

More important, you must have a passion in it so that you can enjoy the fun of learning.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Anything smaller than a 2ft tank, without proper equipment such as a skimmer and filtering equipment and lighting (for a FOWLR - Fish Only With Live Rock) is going to be problem. If you want corals, be prepared to have a chiller to cool the temperature down.

In this case, with only 2 simple corals (anemone and another torch? ) it is ok to be without chiller as the top of tank is not covered and water evaporates to cool temperature (although it is more like 30 degrees these days).

So if you really want to just keep it this way simple and low-tech, just sell away the maroon clown and perhaps buy 2 firefish (although they can really jump - so must cover your tank) - else buy some blue chromis - but not blue tang or nay tangs - they grow big very fast.

clown fish is consider a hardy fish for beginner.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

For such small tank the best way is to change water, not much things needed to add beside lighting, pump and a fan to cool the water down. Sea water is cheap, just buy more and store it up with a pump, 10 litres cost only $1.50 from what i learnt from my friend. FOWLR tank is easy to keep than keeping corals.

Meanwhile still have a 4ft planted tank to get me kicking, unlikely to start one for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
    Welcome on board and enjoy the marine setup.

I am new to marine set up too, many things to be learnt. Learning is fun and enjoy at one expense which we know it as hobby. The tank that I am using is 1ft GEX tank: rectangular in shape, the smallest size.

More important, you must have a passion in it so that you can enjoy the fun of learning.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

BTW, how do I go about buying saltwater? Do they just deliver 10 or 20 litres?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If you go to the LFS at PasirRis side, thety normally sells bags of seawater at a price. I normally don't do that but rather mix my own in a large pail and then use that to change water. The other way is to have a sump, which more or less doubles your amount of water. In the sump, you will then have space of the skimmer and your water change can be less frequent.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If you go to the LFS at PasirRis side, thety normally sells bags of seawater at a price. I normally don't do that but rather mix my own in a large pail and then use that to change water. The other way is to have a sump, which more or less doubles your amount of water. In the sump, you will then have space of the skimmer and your water change can be less frequent.
    I have checked before. It comes in a pack of 20L. Pretty heavy for me to bring back home as I don't drive. So far I mixed my own saltwater. My tank hold about 10L of saltwater, so I don't have much problem of doing my WC.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Woah your tank is very small to host 2 different clowns together.. You should get some tiny goby for your pico tank!!

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
    Thanks.

Understood of what you have meant. Still thinking of what should I do next.

Yup. Still have my freshwater shrimps with me.

i think is time you share with me some marine tips already hahaha

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If I were you, you will be better off, to set up a sump, where the sump will double up the amount of water in the system, and the water quailty will improve.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

New update - Photo taken today 6 July 2011

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hellomyfriend View Post
    i think is time you share with me some marine tips already hahaha
    The idea behind this tank setting is to make it as simple as possible. I only use an Ocean Free OHF without any filtering medium. This is mainly to provide the water circulation as required by fish and corals, neither too strong nor too weak. Chaeto is used to help to remove any waste produced by fish and corals, modified of Berlin filtering method. It is placed in the OHF with 24 hours lighting.

Currently, I do a 15-20% WC twice per week. As for main tank lighting, I use T5 standard set, 1 white and 1 blue for marine set up. No protein skimmer or surface skimmer is used. The surface oil can be cleared by air bubbling which was shown on my top right of my photo, white tubing. My tank temperature is around 25C.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

It appears that with current setup it will be fine. With 1 fish, 1 clam and several hardy but fussy corals (sun corals, anemone, zoos..) no skimmer and water change will be fine. It is looking very nice now with the setup and scaping. Great Job keep it up!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

It appears that with current setup it will be fine. With 1 fish, 1 clam and several hardy but fussy corals (sun corals, anemone, zoos..) no skimmer and water change will be fine. It is looking very nice now with the setup and scaping. Great Job keep it up!
    Thanks.

This maroon clown is pretty aggressive, had killed 3 clown fish. Don't have any intention to add anymore fish.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Very nice and simple setup.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast