Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How long your fish live?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I would like to see ALL or most of my fish being healthy and living long. Would you like to share your experience? For my fish, not very good, more than half died before reaching half of their life expectance mainly due to poor tank maintanence and illnesses.

What species you kept?
    How many fish in each particular kind you kept?
    What was the estimated age of each fish when it passed away?
    When the fish got sick, did you use medicine?

Or I may put the questions simple. Anyone keep more than 10 cardinal tetras (or something else) and 70% of them live to 4 years old?

Perhaps you may like to have some general comments about life spans of aquarium fish, such as goldfish 10 to 30 years, angelfish 10+years, cardinal tetra 4 years and etc.

Regards.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How long your fish live?

This is difficult to answer. Like you have experienced, fishes tend to die from illnesses and poor tank maintenance over any period of time. Even the healthiest fish can die when you least expect it. For example, it jumped out and died on your floor. I have like 9 Cardinal Tetras that have been with me for the past 3 years. I had 20 initially but they died of various reasons. The remainder are showing signs of aging so I guess they'll kick the bucket within the coming year or next.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.