Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Is there any moss/plant which grows horizontally in the plant rather than vertically?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Is there any moss/plant which grows horizontally in the plant rather than vertically?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Is there any moss/plant which grows horizontally in the plant rather than vertically?

is the plant name Hemianthus Callitrichoides?

Where to get in Singapore?

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Is there any moss/plant which grows horizontally in the plant rather than vertica

Hi. i felt instead of growing horizontally it meant to be more of spreading in this case.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Is there any moss/plant which grows horizontally in the plant rather than vertica

Quote Originally Posted by hellomyfriend View Post
    Hi. i felt instead of growing horizontally it meant to be more of spreading in this case.
    yes yes spreading horizontally first before they go vertical

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

There are many plant that spread horizontally. Hc, glosso, hairgrass, etc
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I see. Thanks for the clarification... I learnt something new again. My exposure was so far MOSS...

Anyone have any idea how much does HC cost? or if got some bro can give me some to start also thanks thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blankies View Post
    I see. Thanks for the clarification... I learnt something new again. My exposure was so far MOSS...

Anyone have any idea how much does HC cost? or if got some bro can give me some to start also thanks thanks
    Would suggest you start with easier ones like hair grass or glosso. HC is not an easy plant. Maybe you want to share your set up before you get more advice. like what kind of substrate or lights you currently have or information like if you are using Co2 or chiller?

Cheers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh..I have a 1ft by 1ft by 1ft tank.
    Hanging fliter
    Soil - going to get the 2kg $10 soil from pasir ris farmway shop
    Lightning will be LED a row of 32 LED lights, or a simple flourescent lamp. Do not have any ph?
    CO2 will be DIY using DIY method.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, dont worry you can grow HC with your setup (that's about 6.7 gallon). Just make sure you will have CO2 and at least 24W lighting.
    You may go to C328 and order some HC if it's not readily available.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by equidorz View Post
    Would suggest you start with easier ones like hair grass or glosso. HC is not an easy plant. Maybe you want to share your set up before you get more advice. like what kind of substrate or lights you currently have or information like if you are using Co2 or chiller?

Cheers
    Thank you for the advice. Will follow.