Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Pic of Apisto Aga

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Taken with a Fujifilm Finepic. Not fantastic. Maiden effort. Welcome any comments...

Link to the image if the above image doesn't show up
    Cheers
    Boon Yong

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi boon yong,

You should consider image hosting websites such as imagestation or instantlogic. They allow you to hotlink from some of their windows directly. Will be much easier for dial up users like myself and you will probably get more comments. Best of all, these image hosting websites are free of charge.

I've link a picture of your Apistogramma agassizii for comments.

From your pictures, I suppose you are not using a tripod (top down angle) as well as not using any flash (no harsh shadows or hotspots). However, the pictures are not very sharp (both fish and plants) due to the show shutter speed used. Grain is not terribly evident and that means you can probably push it up a little to get a higher shutter speed to counter the blurness caused by the motion of the fish as well as shakeness of the hand. If possble, use at least 1/60 sec. That will certainly help.

On a separate note, you can clearly see a greenish overcast in the picture. This is probably due to the plant light that you are using. Light in the region of 6000 to 8000 k will have a greenish effect. Although not apparent to the human eye (as we adjust automatically), it will show up on your pictures. As Fuji Finepix has several models, I'm not sure which one you have. But you should learn to play with the white balance setting on the camera to get a natural look.

I would also crop the picture to present the fish better. I'm sure your camera resolution is higher that what you've posted. Do be more generous and feature your fish more prominantly. This can be done by the supplied imaging software. After you crop, there should be still be enough resolution to size down. Anything from 400 to 600 pixel wide will make an impressive presentation on the internet.

To give you an idea, here is what I would have done in terms of cropping.

I've also manually adjusted the white balance, but you will be a better judge if the fish is showing the correct colors.

Do take more pictures and share with us!!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for the wonderful feedback!

I'll definitely digest this and hopefully come back with better works...
    Cheers
    Boon Yong